Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Show us your Berlebach product

The monkey grip / and shelves look great, but they are rather pricey.....

Here's my offering, a Planet brought second hand (Facebook marketplace) for only £300. There wasn't a mark on it. Bargain of the year, that one was 😀

IMG_2439

• Like 4

On 18/12/2023 at 01:11, pavel_s said:

Hello, you have really great setup! I'm curious whether you have K70 standard variant or weschelschraube variant?

http://www.berlebach.de/dokumente/M438-Mittelsäule_K70-Varianten.PDF

Sorry for the delayed response. I have not checked the forum in several months.

I have the Standard variant.

Edited by PatientObserver
  • Thanks 1

On 13/02/2024 at 11:02, Space Hopper said:

The monkey grip / and shelves look great, but they are rather pricey.....

Here's my offering, a Planet brought second hand (Facebook marketplace) for only £300. There wasn't a mark on it. Bargain of the year, that one was 😀

IMG_2439

Nice find.

Every time I view this thread I want another Berlebach. Currently considering buying an UNI 19C with a Monkey Grip 2 and side tray.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm going up in the world (literally) c/o of a very nice gentleman and SGL member Steve @Saganite. I now have this lovely Berlebach Nix observers chair. Not used in anger yet but i "get it" even messing about in the kitchen. It's immediately obvious why people repeatedly describe these as their favourite astro accessory.

Though i've quite enjoyed a low stool till now (i like being near the ground with EP box close at hand) i don't think my knees and my cold feet do so much anymore...

Low stool shown for scale:

IMG_4964(1).jpeg.86a8f9e8b5050a69051dca581c5d60ad.jpeg

comfy perch shown because i can 🙂

IMG_4965(1).jpeg.b598ba54477e41556898f662db041958.jpeg

• Like 5

This is a crappy picture but I had to post on here how excellent this chair is. Why oh why did I wait till now to get one? I would part company with a few serious EPs before giving this chair up - it’s that useful!

IMG_5010.thumb.jpeg.1be92f8965532fc8212a394bc697396b.jpeg

No more rotating the diagonal for me (to bring it to head height) and I can even drop the seat down behind the straight through finder and pop back up to the EP in seconds (I sometimes used to end up kneeling on the floor to get under the finder).

How very civilised it can be with the right kit. 🙂 

Edited by josefk
  • Like 4

I didn't know it was that good Joe, can I have it back....🤣😂

It is a very good seat and I am pleased that it is exactly what you wanted,so enjoy it Joe....:thumbsup:

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, josefk said:

This is a crappy picture but I had to post on here how excellent this chair is. Why oh why did I wait till now to get one? I would part company with a few serious EPs before giving this chair up - it’s that useful!

IMG_5010.thumb.jpeg.1be92f8965532fc8212a394bc697396b.jpeg

No more rotating the diagonal for me (to bring it to head height) and I can even drop the seat down behind the straight through finder and pop back up to the EP in seconds (I sometimes used to end up kneeling on the floor to get under the finder).

How very civilised it can be with the right kit. 🙂 

Being seated comfortably really helps with pulling out detail and faint objects 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JeremyS said:

Being seated comfortably really helps with pulling out detail and faint objects 

Absolutely - and indeed i thought i was (seated comfortably) but now i realise there was more comfort to be had 🙂.  Fine tuned comfort.

• Like 1

With regard to Berlebach Uni tripods, I used to use the wooden tray but added the spreader stopper a while ago and just use that now. It's a bit quicker to deploy than the tray was.

I do wonder if the tray made the tripod a little more stable, by adding stiffness though. I'll need to dig the tray out and try it again. Has anyone else any experiences of spreader stopper vs wooden tray with the Uni tripods ?

40 minutes ago, John said:

With regard to Berlebach Uni tripods, I used to use the wooden tray but added the spreader stopper a while ago and just use that now. It's a bit quicker to deploy than the tray was.

I do wonder if the tray made the tripod a little more stable, by adding stiffness though. I'll need to dig the tray out and try it again. Has anyone else any experiences of spreader stopper vs wooden tray with the Uni tripods ?

I've just fitted the spread stopper to my Uni 28. Seems just as sturdy as the clip on tray. 

Also seems adding the tray on top of the spread stopper makes no difference. I had to drill the centre hole in my tray as it was the older model.

• Like 1