Narrowband

Show us your Berlebach product

11 hours ago, The Lapwing said:

image.thumb.jpeg.5ece2d170c42d108c642a859d890cafa.jpeg

I forgot, I have one of these too...

Getting one of these was the best investment I made in astro kit... sessions became so much more relaxed with one 😁

Still in perfect condition after almost three years of ownership too 👍

• Like 3

On 06/06/2023 at 22:18, HollyHound said:

Getting one of these was the best investment I made in astro kit... sessions became so much more relaxed with one 😁

Still in perfect condition after almost three years of ownership too 👍

Absolutely, completely changed my observing experience.

The more comfortable you are (and they are very comfy) the longer time you spend at the eyepiece, the longer you spend at the eyepiece the more information is sent to your brain, the more information your brain receives the better and more detailed the view will be… simples.

I honestly believe that observation chairs are the least appreciated piece of astronomy kit, yet one of the most important. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, PatientObserver said:

Beautiful setup. It was a post about your UNI 19 that got me looking into tripods with geared center columns.

I chose mine with central column because it enables one to observe standing or sitting using a normal chair. It has never let me down.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Piero said:

I chose mine with central column because it enables one to observe standing or sitting using a normal chair. It has never let me down.

I am very pleased with the quality of the geared column. As a result of my first purchase, I am also considering buying a Report 322/KA with the 40 mm column for a lighter setup. If only the Scopetech Zero production was not halted by a lawsuit.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

On the topic of Berlebach products, has anyone compared the stability of a Berlebach spreader stopper verses the rigid wooden trays that are supplied as standard with the tripods ?

I have been using a spreader stopper with my Uni 28 tripod since I bought the accessory but recently tried the wooden tray again out of curiosity and it seemed to me that the tripod became a little more stable and more vibration resistant with the tray in place. The spreader stopper is very convenient of course when it comes to folding the tripod legs for storage. 

Edited by John

2 hours ago, JeremyS said:

I love those Berlebach products 👍🏻

Did Berlebach install your floor too? 🤔

Alas, now I want a second Report 322/KA40, so I can use both setups at the same time.

I do not think I could afford a floor made by Berlebach.

2 hours ago, John said:

On the topic of Berlebach products, has anyone compared the stability of a Berlebach spreader stopper verses the rigid wooden trays that are supplied as standard with the tripods ?

I have been using a spreader stopper with my Uni 28 tripod since I bought the accessory but recently tried the wooden tray again out of curiosity and it seemed to me that the tripod became a little more stable and more vibration resistant with the tray in place. The spreader stopper is very convenient of course when it comes to folding the tripod legs for storage. 

Both of my tripods had the tray included as standard. I find that they are much more stable when installed.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Possibly not the correct place to post, apologies in advance…

Does anyone have experience of delivery times to UK for items ordered directly from Berlebach in Germany? Just tried a quick search of their site but couldn’t find an answer.

On 09/06/2023 at 05:02, PatientObserver said:

I will take a better picture outside, once I have a scope to mount on it, but this will do for now.

Equipment: Berbelach UNI 18 K70 with a Rowan AZ75

UNI_K70.jpg

Hello, you have really great setup! I'm curious whether you have K70 standard variant or weschelschraube variant?

http://www.berlebach.de/dokumente/M438-Mittelsäule_K70-Varianten.PDF

Edited by pavel_s
added link

• 1 month later...

Berlebach Monkey Grip 2

It is entirely made from metal, very robust and definitely worth the premium price. It will serve me as a desk where I put my filter sliders on while observing. Highly recommended!

PXL_20240120_105245398~2.jpg

PXL_20240120_110830239~2.jpg

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

If you ever thought what is the difference between Berlebach MonkeyGrip 1 and MonkeyGrip 2, here it is, side by side.

The body is essentially the same, black anodised alluminium, but the connector is different.

MonkeyGrip 1 has straight connector, dual 3/8 and 1/4 photo threads, intended to mount a tablet/phone holder (or umbrella :) )

MonkeyGrip 2 has right angle connector, only 3/8 photo thread for mounting the wood plate.

PXL_20240213_154331235.MP.jpg

PXL_20240213_154416164.jpg

• Like 2