Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Show us your Berlebach product

I don't think this one has been done. So, to provide some entertainment during the lockdown, let's get this started with the Berlebach Planet in various guises

IMG_0209.jpg.3b5313b24aa7cf626c4a38690e5bf74a.jpg

IMG_0037.jpg.17f31143f6caff15a8f631781441ffb9.jpg

IMG_4049.JPG.16a2ebf92ed5cdeb426df5bf2c6cfc5d.JPG

Edited by JeremyS
  • Like 7

Desperate times eh Jeremy 🤣🤣

Lovely setup your have there. Here is the AZ100 on another Planet, not literally I might add 🤪. Best tripod I’ve owned, really stable and lovely to look at too!

5E633E80-A7EE-4828-883D-5A29257A57AD.jpeg

88732503-362D-4541-A9CE-668797B33B0A.jpeg

2811D049-84E9-4C63-BD34-897CA622B32C.jpeg

• Like 9

• JeremyS changed the title to Show us your Berlebach product

I've got 2 spreaders, a silver one and a black one on homemade tripods... that's my princely contribution!

One day I might treat myself to an actual berlebach tripod to put them on..

20200408_110237.thumb.jpg.57d0b07620c7879e5fdb94b825f1a0c2.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Its quite an old one Jeremy. It was actually made by Berlebach for BC&F Astro Engineering according to the stamp on the side of the leg so that dates it a bit. The bottom part of the legs is actually 2-tone slightly where the tripod was left at the same extension for quite some time I imagine.

I've used a couple of others that were loaned by FLO for testing purposes and they were quite a bit lighter in tone.

• Thanks 1

Looks great gents, I love these wooden bits of kit.
I did have a Uni28 but it went to the altar to help fund my Vixen ED103 and glad it did for such a fine scope.
So here is the picture of my Berlebach Kit:

Oh, I have none, but I did want to join in though 😆

• Haha 7

Hang on, what's all this. Since when was SGL a life style forum? Shades of wood stain, matching the house decor,  shades of Tak paint. I could go on, I know times are hard, but bring back car engine block mounts, telescope tubes knocked up by the itinerant tinker.

Why have the standards slipped?

Only joking (honest) it is good to see folks take pride in their kit. Well done.

Regards 7

Edited by andrew s
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

Here is my Berlebach Report 372 tripod that was carried onto a dark sky wild camp trip recently. I have the tray for it but was impractical to take on this. I do have a Berlebach shoulder bag for the tripod which is very functional for travel or if carrying some distance. 

P1090726.JPG

• Like 9

1 minute ago, andrew s said:

Hang on, what's all this. Since when was SGL a life style forum? Shades of wood stain, matching the house decor,  shades of Tak paint. I could go on, I know times are hard, but bring back car engine blick mounts, telescope tubes knocked up the the itinerant tinker.

Why have the standards slipped?

Only joking (honest) it is good to see folks take pride in their kit. Well done.

Regards 7

Actually, Andrew, you haven’t mentioned one of the most important features of Berlebach products: their lovely smell 🙂

it’s one of the most endearing aspects of unpacking a Berlebach tripod. If only we could capture that in out unboxing threads!

Trouble is it dissipates after a while.

I might write to Berlebach to see it they can supply aftermarket packs of Eau de Berlebach to spray on.

Or should that be Berlebachwasser?

🙂

• Haha 3

My Planet, a Uni 8 and a Report for more lightweight duty. (Plus an extra un-pictured Uni 18 for my EQM-35). The Berlebachs make the difference between the stuff being allowed to live inside and "on view" as opposed to having to be "tidied" away.

IMG_4952.jpg

IMG_5676.jpg

_DSF0583.jpg

IMG_6352.jpg

• Like 8

Just now, JeremyS said:

Actually, Andrew, you haven’t mentioned one of the most important features of Berlebach products: their lovely smell 🙂

it’s one of the most endearing aspects of unpacking a Berlebach tripod. If only we could capture that in out unboxing threads!

Trouble is it dissipates after a while.

I might write to Berlebach to see it they can supply aftermarket packs of Eau de Berlebach to spray on.

Or should that be Berlebachwasser?

🙂

Arrrgh not perfume as well. Give me strength.

Regards Andrew 

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Captain Magenta said:

My Planet, a Uni 8 and a Report for more lightweight duty. (Plus an extra un-pictured Uni 18 for my EQM-35). The Berlebachs make the difference between the stuff being allowed to live inside and "on view" as opposed to having to be "tidied" away.

IMG_4952.jpg

IMG_5676.jpg

_DSF0583.jpg

IMG_6352.jpg

The tripod is almost perfectly camouflaged in that first pic Magnus 🙂

And aa for the last one, it looks as if the tripod was just _meant_ to be there on your room. And the lighting is perfect. 🙂

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, John said:

Its quite an old one Jeremy. It was actually made by Berlebach for BC&F Astro Engineering according to the stamp on the side of the leg so that dates it a bit. The bottom part of the legs is actually 2-tone slightly where the tripod was left at the same extension for quite some time I imagine.

I've used a couple of others that were loaned by FLO for testing purposes and they were quite a bit lighter in tone.

Thanks John. I wasn’t aware BCF had their owned branded Berlebach products.

I’m sure the appearance of the wood improves and becomes richer with age.

Do you treat it in any way? I mean by polishing or varnishing (not giving it sweets - that would be silly)

Edited by JeremyS
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, JeremyS said:

..Do you treat it in any way. I mean by polishing or varnishing (not giving it sweets - that would be silly)

I have given it a sort of wax treatment. We have recently acquired a light oak dining table which is a very similar colour so after waxing that I thought that a go over the tripod and tray would not go amiss :smiley:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, John said:

I have given it a sort of wax treatment. We have recently acquired a light oak dining table which is a very similar colour so after waxing that I thought that a go over the tripod and tray would not go amiss :smiley:

Wax on.....wax off. 😁

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, John said:

Glad to hear you are taking the blending-in-with-the furniture considerations seriously too, John. I'm impressed.

🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, andrew s said:

Oh my, now waxing the legs. You will be sending them to the beautician next to polish their nails.

That's it I promise. 

Regards Andrew 

You're not a Brazilian are you Andrew?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2