Narrowband

Show us your Berlebach product

9 hours ago, johninderby said:

One of the best things you can do for your uni tripod is fit the spreader. Much more convenient than the chain arrangement and helps stabilty as well.

https://www.berlebach.de/en/?bereich=details&id=170

Oh definitely. I don't understand why those don't come standard with all Berlebach tripods. I had to order one separately for the Uni 18, but it's incomplete without it. You just can't see it in the pictures because it's hidden under the tray. It's attached by the black knob in the center of the tray.

A lot of ‘Berlebach experts’ right here, so allow me to ask:

Would a Report 312 coupled with spreader bar with an AZ5 be enough to handle an FC-100DF with a 2” diagonal and some heavier eyepieces?

There are two things keeping me away from the Uni at the moment, first is price, second is weight. I guess the Uni is more stable, but it’s also less ‘grab and go’...

Looking forward to your opinions!

Guillaume

Would be no problem. I compared the report with a SW steel tripod with the 1.75” legs and found the report had less vibration. 👍🏻

Here’s my report with my Stellamira f/10 which is neary twice the weight of your Tak.

The Report and the ScopeTech Zero alt-az mount would be a great combination.

002F869B-D5E0-4926-969A-C4C24C64984E.jpeg

Edited by johninderby
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, guillaume320 said:

Thanks for your reply John... Your setup looks very classy!

I’ll have a look at that ScopeTech mount 🙂

4 hours ago, johninderby said:

The Report and the ScopeTech Zero alt-az mount would be a great combination.

Funny you should say that 😀

This combination along with the StellaMira, has become my primary mount, or the Celestron C5 onboard it can be moved outside in a minute for true grab and go.

The ScopeTech is lovely, smooth free motion with slow motion on demand, no clutches to adjust/lock... in fact I don’t think I’ve touched the clutches for weeks now. It “just works” 👍

F9423440-22A1-4964-ABC8-F58716F1EBD3.jpeg

Edited by HollyHound
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HollyHound said:

Funny you should say that 😀

This combination along with the StellaMira, has become my primary mount, or the Celestron C5 onboard it can be moved outside in a minute for true grab and go.

The ScopeTech is lovely, smooth free motion with slow motion on demand, no clutches to adjust/lock... in fact I don’t think I’ve touched the clutches for weeks now. It “just works” 👍

F9423440-22A1-4964-ABC8-F58716F1EBD3.jpeg

That is one beautiful manual setup. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Cleetus said:

Not sure exactly which Berlebach model this is. Televue HD5 on top.

[pic]

Nice! I think it's a Uni 18.. Looks just like mine, same height & everything, but the legs on your's are slightly tapered near the feet hardware.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, JeremyS said:

Looks super @HollyHound 👍

Also, amazingly and just like the other Berlebach tripods, it passed the "partner test"... she thought it looked quite nice, possibly useful for other things too😬 and is "allowed" to live out on permanent display 🤣  

Edited by HollyHound
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, HollyHound said:

Also, amazingly and just like the other Berlebach tripods, it passed the "partner test"... she thought it looked quite nice, possibly useful for other things too😬 and is "allowed" to live out on permanent display 🤣  

New Berlebach products smell lovely too 👍🙂 

• Haha 2

• 3 months later...

My favourite chair. Goes flat in the car boot, takes substantial weight and after 5 yrs shows no distress. Right at the bottom (inches from ground) it gets a bit tippy. My old high steel seat was good on big dob but now relegated to the workshop bench.

IMG_20210309_130506.jpg

• Like 2

Next! a case for a new Berlebach UNI 28. My tripod has to go in the car boot too and I want to keep it looking nice. Looked at several options including the Bb baggy cotton bag but found this nicely made padded option which is a good tight fit and I can chuck stuff on top as well as more inside. It is semi rigid. (found mine at Wex).

IMG_20210309_120435.jpg

IMG_20210309_120750.jpg

IMG_20210309_121335.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1