Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Show me your eyepiece/accessories case, please.

Leegsi

Very nice Keith, I didn't think the Nikons were available in England. Do you know how they compair with Televues?

Alan.

They weren't, I bought 12.5HW and 10SW in Japan while I was there for the Venus Transit. I wanted to see what they are like because the are far less common than TV or Pentax. It turned out I liked them a lot, so I bought the other three when I was in Japan for conference a few months later.

I have yet to look through an equivalent TV so I don't know how they compare.

Hopefully someone will let me have a look through their Ethos and Delos at SGL8.

I bought the Nikon MC on fleabay and one on ABS, sometimes they come up at a bargain price. The biggest problem with the MC is 1.25"-MC adapter is very hard to find.

Never been to Japan, one of the very few that I haven't been to out that way, along with N Korea.

No you really have a large set of rather rare and excellent eyepieces there, I'm turning a bit the colour of the writing on my eyepieces.

Hope some has a ethos at the Star Party, if that is what it is.

BTW I have Peli cases with my Camera stuff in, just got a Geoptik case from TS, almost as good half the price.

Alan.

Edited by alan potts

Decided to upgrade my EP case, the bag I have (STILL), was getting to cramped what with cables, EP's, etc, so I decided to pay a visit to Maplins having seen this:

http://www.maplin.co...se-large-228650 A little costly yes, but the biggest thing I could find that would fit all my EP's and other bits in one place and it is tough and lightweight. The old bag still has cables, headlamp and other bits in.

Here's how it looks:

post-26735-0-53672700-1358958823_thumb.j

Inspired by this thread, I got a flight case from Maplin. Still plenty of space for my new TAL plossls and diagonal! :smiley:

And here they are!

post-26228-0-34396500-1359677280_thumb.j

Hmm... still an alarmingly large space in the middle there, surely I don't need more eyepieces? Maybe a filter or two? Surely not... :icon_mrgreen:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone know what foam to use for an eyepiece case. Heard some can damage the optics?

You should always use eyepiece caps. Caps prevent things from touching the glass in your eyepiece.

Otherwise, every type of foam will damage your optics, because foam is really good at trapping dust, grit and sand.