Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Show me your eyepiece/accessories case, please.

Leegsi

Astrobaby is a woman, and a well respected member of this community

I know she is a lady and also a long standing and respected member of this community. I knew the latter part but never knew the first bit.

So the comment made by myself was a tongue in cheek remark to highlight how silly I felt at my presumptions, there was no dis-respect meant.

Baz

I made one earlier this year, cant post pic but theres a page on it here

http://www.astro-baby.com/articles/Eyepiece%20Case/Eyepiece%20Case%20Project.htm

Scroll down to tha last bit of the page and there are some pics of the finished item.

Wow!, now thats what I call a work of Art AB. The eps are none to shabby either :-)

• Like 1

Damo,

Now that is what i call an eyepiece case, I really like the lights bit, it is Christmas. There is a lot of work gone into that, I was going to photograph my eyepieces which are in a piece of old furniture that I tarted up, but after seeing that my collection would look a bit second rate.

Alan.

Go for it, I jus made the case cos the weather has been so bad this year I needed something to keep me intested. The case took about two months to build and probably a month of thinking before I started. It also cost about £200 to make....when I started it I thought I would finish it inside a week and cost woud be around £40, I hadmore cost and time overruns than a government computer project :)

I just have a fetish for stuff in fitted cases, doctors kits, pistols, scentific gear, quack medicines etc.

I cant see me changing EPs really, I have what I am happy with and so my buying days are over really. To anyone starting out dont be ashamed of what you have either, it takes time to get the right kit but you will all get what you want eventually....and remember the gear around today is so good even the meanest equipment today is incomparably better than the stuff of yesteryear...well unless you were shelling out an awful lot of shekels.

• Like 3

Talk about getting the wrong end of the stick, sorry Astro baby, I thought Damo had made the case. Well it is one hell of a piece of work,, I think it is the best case i have seen.

We have just had a look spell of not very Bulgarian weather, lastnight was great though but minus 9 with a wind hurts.

BTW is your quote " the White zone" is it from Frank Zappa, or did he get it from somewhere else.

Alan.

Edited by alan potts

Very nice set-up. Do you ever feel the urge to get the 22T4 to complete the set? (I know, I am being wicked :evil: )

Yes I do, very much! Alas, Santa he's a coming and money needed elsewhere.

Do you notice a certain 8mm Rad in there? :tongue: It has had a good few outings on Jupiter of late :)

Yes I do, very much! Alas, Santa he's a coming and money needed elsewhere.

Do you notice a certain 8mm Rad in there? :tongue: It has had a good few outings on Jupiter of late :)

I have seen it has found a good home (and right next to 17T4 and 12T4 Naglers, as before). My Pentax XWs and the XF have been used on Jupiter lately, but nearly enough.

Okay, feel that my eyepiece case is complete, i now have a full set of BST`s, though the 25mm is on loan, below the bst`s is a gso 20mm then 18mm BGO a lovely 25mm kellner from kokusai (vintage) 12.5 and 7mm circle T ortho`s, Tal barlow and 32mm gso photo visual plossl, small white plastic case has four visual filters. But i have asked father in law if he would like to make me a small wooden box to house my tal plossl`s and other odds an sods

I have made some changes, the 25mm kellner has been changed for a 25mm KK circle T and the 20mm GSO plossl is looking for a new owner as a 9mm KK circleT has pushed it out, i feel this box is a little crowded, and i think in time i might move the BST`s on and replace with some thing different, but dont know what, the most used ep`s are the KK circle t`s

I have made some changes, the 25mm kellner has been changed for a 25mm KK circle T and the 20mm GSO plossl is looking for a new owner as a 9mm KK circleT has pushed it out, i feel this box is a little crowded, and i think in time i might move the BST`s on and replace with some thing different, but dont know what, the most used ep`s are the KK circle t`s

What will you be replacing the BSTs with? Something Black and Green?

What will you be replacing the BSTs with? Something Black and Green?

Here is the problem, i dont use the BST`s a huge amount, and i cant fit all six of them in the case, so moving them on and getting three better ep`s in the most suitable focal length makes sense, but im not into televue`s so i cant think of a brand of ep that i would prefer. A while back i got a celestron x-cel lx 7mm, and it looked like i might have gone with them, but my 7mm had issue`s and put me of the brand

Here is the problem, i dont use the BST`s a huge amount, and i cant fit all six of them in the case, so moving them on and getting three better ep`s in the most suitable focal length makes sense, but im not into televue`s so i cant think of a brand of ep that i would prefer. A while back i got a celestron x-cel lx 7mm, and it looked like i might have gone with them, but my 7mm had issue`s and put me of the brand

How about ES 68 or 82? Or some TMB's (either the clones or the ones from the states which appear to be the real thing: http://www.astronomics.com/tmb_m93.aspx)

cant wait to get one of these maplins flight cases, for £25 they seem a real bargain! think i will go with the small one for now as that will be plenty for the time be

http://www.maplin.co...ght-case-222024

just going through this thread now, and i have to say some very impressive collections! im soo jelous lol :)

im using this horrid womens make up case thingy at the moment, i hate it :(

Edited by tingting44