SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Show me your eyepiece/accessories case, please.

Leegsi

I'd have sworn that my eyepiece set had not changed much for ages but this is from January 2011.

index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=30281

and this is now.

post-5119-0-63121300-1352241810_thumb.jp

the main changes are that I sold the 35mm and 22mm Panoptics to fund the 26mm Nagler. Never looked back. Also, bought the Paracorr for my f4 big dob and sold the 11mm TV Plossl (regret that one), 18mm BGO (covered really by the 15mm TV Ploss I had) and the 9mm UO ortho and bought a BGO. the rest is pretty much the same.

here's my finder box

post-5119-0-56486100-1352241855_thumb.jp

two Telrads, two 9x50 RACI finders, a Baader RDF, four filters (Castell UHC,Castell Oiii, Baader Neodymium and Baader Solar Continuum), box of allen keys etc and my torch and blower. oh, and a wire.

• Like 1

Lookin good Shane! Every time I see a case with BGO's, I start to really regret selling the few I had. I convinced myself I couldn't get on with them in a manual dob at high powers, but I realise now it was probably more a case that I wanted to experiment with something else!!

Nice stuff Shane :smiley:

I've got a couple of those "cheapo" cheshire eyepieces too (the short plastic type). They work rather well on both newtonians and refractors I find, despite their basic design. Rather like a hybrid cheshire / colli cap.

cheers guys. yes, I do like my BGOs a lot I must confess. the 26mm Nagler, 12mm BGO and 6-3mm Nagler zoom are on my never ever sell list.

re the cheapie cheshire I really like using it as it's so clean and clear. I do use the 'proper' one as well though but mainly for secondary alignment. the last eyepiece I bought was the 32mm Plossl well over a year ago.

• Like 1

ive got a bunch of e/p's that i believe should keep me satisfied for a fair while now.( isnt that what we all say ?)

so whats in the box (old makita drill case)

7,12,18,25mm x-cel's, 5mm tmb(sw) , lumicon uhc filter, telrad,cheshire,lens pen.headtorch,compass and alan keys.

the space in the top left is for another e/p at some stage,but i dont know if to get a 2" widefield jobby of some description,or fill the gap between the 18 and 12mm e/p's ?

post-11888-0-19125900-1352845191_thumb.j

Edited by rory

Get the 2" wide field jobby, I always thought my Baader Aspheric work well in my 8". :)

Everyone on here seems to have all there EP's nicely spaced compared to my case, I guess I got carried away with the pick n pluck! :rolleyes:

a few members have mentioned this aspheric you speak of mike. what ever i decide it is going to have to wait until after crimbo,or im in the doghouse ! :argue:

Nice set Rory (and avatar too !) :smiley:

I agree with Mike73 - the "gap" in your set is a 2" of around 30-32mm focal length.

The Skywatcher Aero ED's are nice and not too heavy or expensive.

thanks john. i think mike and yourself are right,i like what ive read on the aero,ive not seen to much on the baader,i shall do some homework.

by the way mike,your e/p case looks okay to me bud,i'll swap :grin::tongue: . cant wait to here the report from you with that beut of a scope with the nagler plopped in the focuser :Envy:

john, love my comedy,like your sid snot .

Edited by rory

Thanks!

My selection has changed a bit since the photo, on the right hand side I have a 40mm Meade 5000 SWA, 20mm ES100, 14mm ES100, 9mm ES100, & a 6.7mm ES82. The removable tray typically carries more narrow field & less glass eyepieces, planetary... either TV smoothie side plössls or UO HD & Meade RG Orthos, it varies depending on what plabet is up and my mood. In the bottom right I have a few colored filters, red flashlight, green laser pointer and a Howie Glatter collimator. Pretty much carry anything I need for my 8" SCT or 12" Dob.

Jaimo!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok couple picks taken quickly but hopefully it shows enough detail.

Its a rucksack with adjustable interiour pockets designed for camera's. It is really well padded, lightwieght but very strong and well made.

post-26735-0-78889200-1354307202_thumb.j

The top flap with the Pocket Atlas showing also has two pockets on the other side which stores my viewing glasses, counterweight bar, filters and other bits not in main pockets.

post-26735-0-09905000-1354307312_thumb.j

In the main pocket section the bottom is on the left. In the 2 empty pockets I store the counter weights. Inbetween are the two stock EP's, in the white plastic cases are the 2 Celestron EP's, the black Cases have Baaders in, under the Baader lying down is my cheshire, the small white box has the barlow in, just above that is my headlight and finally the large white box has the telrad in.

Best thing about this its a rucksack and it simply slings over my back and leaves my hands free to carry whatever else.

post-12367-0-33489200-1354916686_thumb.j

Above is my case I posted in this topic last year, BST's from 5 - 12mm, plossls from 15 - 32mm and a 2" 42mm and a 2X Barlow lens.

Below is the same case (refoamed) with a severely narrowed down improved collection, based on what I actually used. None of these get left in the case during a session!

post-12367-0-48942300-1354917003_thumb.j

• Like 2