Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Show me your eyepiece/accessories case, please.

Leegsi

Lookin good John! I'm keeping an eye out for a 5mm XW to complete a 10, 7, 5mm set. I don't think I'll bother with the 3.5mm though, 428x would rarely, if ever be used! Good luck with trying to squeeze that 4mm in!!

At the moment I have a cabitnet to keep my eyepieces it, this is why I want to get rid of some but no one seems to like what I have. Maybe everone is short of money.

Alan.

I wonder if you were to advertise them on UK Astro Buy & Sell would you have more luck Alan? A lot of members on here don't have access to the classifieds section, so a lot of potential buyers may be missing out on some nice ep's.

I wonder if you were to advertise them on UK Astro Buy & Sell would you have more luck Alan? A lot of members on here don't have access to the classifieds section, so a lot of potential buyers may be missing out on some nice ep's.

Thats good advice. I advertised a Nagler 5mm T6 on there recently and had loads of responses - it sold within an hour.

Had to buy a bigger EP case.....do you think she will notice??

Just one more space to fill in it though.

Probably, but you could just stick "By Lidl" or something on the eyepieces themselves... don't want google being helpful with prices of things :angel:.

The Paracorr is for the new scope Damo, I tried it in the 12" but it wouldnt focus and since the 12" is going I can't really be bothered to take the focuser off to increase the FL to make it work with the Paracorr, I'm quite happy with coma at f/5 anyway really. :)

The Paracorr is for the new scope Damo, I tried it in the 12" but it wouldnt focus and since the 12" is going I can't really be bothered to take the focuser off to increase the FL to make it work with the Paracorr, I'm quite happy with coma at f/5 anyway really. :)

Ah I see, thanks Mike.

my new eyepieces arrived today so ive used an old case that cost me nothing and some foam from work and an hour of my evening an knocked this up.not the best job but its gratis so cant complain.have stacked 1.25" filters on top of each other,uhc-s and o3 so far but have a neodymium coming this week.looking to complete the set of ES 82 ep's with the 24/12/4.7,a 2x powermate,some 2" filters and a 1.5" moonlite extender and that should do for the foreseeable future.going to buy a proper case in the new year

post-19558-0-84632100-1350938931_thumb.j

Guys using the maplins cases, did you pluck the little squares out, or squash them down. I dont have a pic at work, but i pushed mine down, as i found plucking the little squares out was either pulling too much out and then being uneven. Im hoping keeping them squashed for a while (not opened the case since i put them in there with all this fog lol), they will stay down.

Guys using the maplins cases, did you pluck the little squares out, or squash them down. I dont have a pic at work, but i pushed mine down, as i found plucking the little squares out was either pulling too much out and then being uneven. Im hoping keeping them squashed for a while (not opened the case since i put them in there with all this fog lol), they will stay down.

Neither, I stick a knife in there and cut the squares out. Plucking them may rip connections to adjacent squares.

What I did was pluck the shape down to the base of the case. Pull out the whole piece. Cut piece in half and place that half back into the empty space. I then used some black baize I had lying around to cover the foam with. I'll eventually replace with Black Satin.

5941566810_611c2c872a.jpg

Here is my most recent eyepiece case, bought used from fleabay. The built quality of this Peli storm case is much better than the Maplin high impact waterproof case. The case is well balanced and very tough. The button latch is easier to operate than the butterfly latch on a Pelican case, both of which are much better than the latches fitted to the Maplin high impact case.

post-9327-0-43817200-1351210215_thumb.jp

post-9327-0-66219000-1351210228_thumb.jp

• 2 weeks later...

here's my new maplins case. Was a bit bigger than I expected, and also, it filled up faster than I expected. :) Excellent quality as well, and still enough room for a few more eyepieces as well :)post-20577-135224062443_thumb.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I'm a squasher. they sit nicely.