Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Show me your eyepiece/accessories case, please.

Leegsi

1 hour ago, Paul73 said:

That a one cracking eyepiece collection. Nice to see that you have resisted the lure of the 100° monsters.

Paul

Thanks Paul, I did buy the Ethos 21, 13 & 8 and tried them for a few weeks but did not really like or use the 100º field.  I think the Delos are the best of the TeleVue lineup.

I wish they made a 24mm Delos !!!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Rainmaker said:

I think I have arrived at my final set (finally....)  Red case for the 18"F3.5, Yellow case for the TSA binoculars......

MIS_6894.jpg

MIS_6898.jpg

Gosh that's posh :thumbsup:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Louis D said:

The 30mm APM UFF views really similarly to the Delos.  I highly recommend it.  The 24mm APM UFF not so similarly.  It's nice, but a step below.

I did buy a pair of the excellent APM 30mm UFF for my binoscope but there was not enough room between them for comfortable viewing,  

In my big scope the 30mm gave a larger than ideal exit pupil so I found a Nagler 26T5 which gives a 6,35mm exit pupil that matches my dark adapted pupil of 6.4mm.

2 hours ago, Alan White said:

@Rainmaker that looks very nice indeed.
What are the L-O-A 21? not seen these before??

The LOA eyepieces in the TSA102 Super Apochromat are one of the most enjoyable setups I have used in a long time.  Yes, the 3D effect is artificial but it also is a fantastic way to separate a target from the surrounds.

Seeing M42, the Trapezium region in particular, through the LOA eyepiece with the array set to 'FAR' setting is breathtaking.  Another target that is amazing is NGC104, using the array set to 'NEAR' the globular cluster (47Tuc) takes on a whole new look.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Rainmaker said:

In my big scope the 30mm gave a larger than ideal exit pupil so I found a Nagler 26T5 which gives a 6,35mm exit pupil that matches my dark adapted pupil of 6.4mm.

Given my strong astigmatism and the 26T5's lack of usable eye relief, I'll have to wait on an ES-92 to come out in that range.

So seeing as Bro said I could have his decent case for my more decent EP's it prompted me to go and buy an armful of this 'pluck' foam and this is what I've arrived at.  I had a small case that I've done for 'rings'n'things', a larger cheap case that I've put what I'm calling the everyday things into.  Then they nice real metal flight case Bro let me have is now started for my expensive, more decent EP's.  I'm still trying to decide what to do for filters and was going to look at some of the other threads.  It looks like some of you leave them in their little boxes and then place those in the foam, but I don't know if I've got little boxes for all my filters.  At the moment I'm storing them in my filter changer which if want to try them out gives me an easy option to try them in turn without a load of thread turning on and off.

90887876_Ringsnthings.jpg.3cfba5b34cefe75795a5a193c42115e2.jpg

1875529034_EverydayEPs1.jpg.8dfc0173f7b71a8b010e2863d1e690f2.jpg

1137677987_bestglassbox.jpg.ac76888e9588cf9b2f5afa58627960b1.jpg

• Like 2

Hi all, some fabulous sets here....very jealous ? I have recently just finished upgrading my ep set along with newer planetary ccd. Overall I'm very happy with the ES range although getting used to the eye position of these larger field of view eps is a learning curve ?

20190203_003210.jpg

Edited by LeeRich
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Been wanting to sort this for a while, and managed to nab some surplus foam from work to sort out a case for my motley crew of 2" misfits. No gleaming rows of green and black for me at the moment, but some good performers none the less.

Top row, left to right

Baader Zeiss Mark IV binoviewers with 25mm Zeiss Orthos and an AP Barcon element attached for higher power

ES 30mm 82 degree

APM 20mm 100 degree

Docter 12.5mm 84 degree

Bottom row, left to right

Baader T2 BBHS Sitall mirror diagonal

Meade 56mm Plossl

Baader T2 Zeiss prism

Paracor 40mm 65 degree

Filters are:

Lumicon OIII and UHC 2"

Lumicon Hb 1.25"

Quite happy with this now for a while :)

20190221_221146.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Littleguy80 said:

Starting to look full now.... but still some space ?

Nothing stopping you from expanding to another case.  I'm at 6 cases right now.  A-team, B-team (demotions), binoviewer and pairs, nostalgic (oldies with sentimental value), Meade HD-60 set, and a new large eyepiece case for overflows that belong in the B-team case, but are too tall to fit upright.

• Like 2

6 cases?! ?

I have two sets: 1.25" and 2". One is light, the other is medium size. If I didn't have the TV60, I would probably have just the 2" set as this is my favourite one. Heavy or large eyepieces (e.g. 1kg) are not for me. Same goes for those having eye relief shorter than 10mm (e.g. orthoscopic or plossls with focal length shorter than about 10mm).

I found that having a couple of medium long focal length eyepieces and a zoom to be also used in combination with a Barlow, give me all what I need. Yes I do have the HR, but I tend to use them with the TV60 only. 

Edited by Piero

Update to my 1.25" grab and go case.

I've changed the foam finally after who knows how many years! Still not the neatest but it will do for now. I've added the two new Vixen HRs, so the case is now, top row:

24mm Panoptic

3 to 6 Nag Zoom

Vixen HR 3.4mm

Vixen HR 2.4mm

Takahashi 1.25" Prism

Bottom row is a full set of BGOs. I've just replaced my 7mm because it has a strange problem in the centre of the field of view, may try to get is sorted at some point, but it's nice to have a working one back in the armoury.

20190323_143859.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Stu said:

Update to my 1.25" grab and go case

That's pretty much identical to mine Stu. Top row is spot on. The only difference is in the bottom row: my orthos are Fujiyamas.

Not getting the Vixen HR 2.0? I've not got it.

Edited by JeremyS
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, JeremyS said:

That's pretty much identical to min Stu. Top row is spot on. The only difference is in the bottom row: my orthos are Fujiyamas.

Not getting the Vixen HR 2.0? I've not got it.

Must be some method in my madness then ;)

Going to give these two a good go first. They give pretty high powers as they are, so doubt I would use much more, particularly given my floaters.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1