SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Show me your eyepiece/accessories case, please.

Leegsi

@StuCan you check for central sharpness of stars in both?  I can't get my original style 30mm ES-82 to focus stars to pinpoints on axis like just about every other eyepiece I own.  They're always a bit bloated trying to find best focus between the blue and red sides of focus.

6 hours ago, Stu said:

Been a long time since I posted in here. This is a bit of a temporary solution, but I’m back in the 2” game, which is fun.

The thing on the right is an extension tube for the Tak when used with a 1.25” Prism.

7EB1A3E7-8293-48C6-8866-C6204B8859BC.jpeg

Nice one! I find the 20 HDC stunning with the Tak. 

My current set of 2" eyepieces is: 30mm APM-UFF, 20mm Lunt, Docter (w adapter), and Zeiss zoom. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Piero said:

Nice one! I find the 20 HDC stunning with the Tak. 

My current set of 2" eyepieces is: 30mm APM-UFF, 20mm Lunt, Docter (w adapter), and Zeiss zoom. 

Thanks Piero, I’m looking forward to using it. I only use Binoviewers for high power now, and have the Nag Zoom if I do cyclops but the Docter is definitely on my list to reacquire too :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Louis D said:

@StuCan you check for central sharpness of stars in both?  I can't get my original style 30mm ES-82 to focus stars to pinpoints on axis like just about every other eyepiece I own.  They're always a bit bloated trying to find best focus between the blue and red sides of focus.

Will do!

1 hour ago, Stu said:

Thanks Piero, I’m looking forward to using it. I only use Binoviewers for high power now, and have the Nag Zoom if I do cyclops but the Docter is definitely on my list to reacquire too :)

The docter is a fantastic eyepiece and I like it even more after semi permanently fixing the baader pushfix adapter to it. Now I can screw the VIP in T2 mode to both the Zeiss zoom and the docter, essentially gaining a 6-5mm UWA when needed. Plus, no need of 2" to 1.25" adapters..

20180623_152842.thumb.jpg.d0acd6c8bf0481693df8b9234218ae9f.jpg

Edited by Piero
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, Piero said:

The docter is a fantastic eyepiece and I like it even more after semi permanently fixing the baader pushfix adapter to it. Now I can screw the VIP in T2 mode to both the Zeiss zoom and the docter, essentially gaining a 6-5mm UWA when needed. Plus, no need of 2" to 1.25" adapters..

20180623_152842.thumb.jpg.d0acd6c8bf0481693df8b9234218ae9f.jpg

That looks an excellent addition Piero. I think the Docter might be next on my list! I still recall it showing me 5 moons around Saturn in my Tak, no scatter at all!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stu said:

That looks an excellent addition Piero. I think the Docter might be next on my list! I still recall it showing me 5 moons around Saturn in my Tak, no scatter at all!!

Sounds like a plan!

On eyepieces I'm pretty much done, after sorting out the longest focal lengths. What I'd like is a Quark eyepiece (from FLO) and then putting my thoughts on how to get a Dobson with certain specs. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Piero said:

then putting my thoughts on how to get a Dobson with certain specs. 

I’m making some progress with this which I will share soon.

• Like 2

CD33CB3C-D17A-4AC1-8B3D-8F8BFA3D962F.thumb.jpeg.d5c913a56e896c68c29de0cb5a752bc2.jpeg

☹️☹️☹️This is it folks☹️☹️☹️

‘Lean Observing’ 

Bank of Televue properly raided! You only realise how good Delos are when you use primitive Plossls (Ethos ain’t bad either). But, they do have a certain charm. Rather like driving a good classic car compared to its modern counterpart. ?.

Also, only 3 Dobs now (and solar gear - obviously).

Paul

Edited by Paul73
  • Like 6
  • Sad 3

Thanks to some of the guys on here I’m now the proud owner of this wonderful Eyepiece case thanks guys they will be loved .

yes there is a deliberate gap hopefully the 12mm will not be to long joining anybody ?

12C4E4DA-2575-496C-ADC8-22056E896B8F.jpeg

78B27B2F-E1EE-40D4-BB76-F6F25A8037D5.jpeg

Edited by garryblueboy
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, Paul73 said:

CD33CB3C-D17A-4AC1-8B3D-8F8BFA3D962F.thumb.jpeg.d5c913a56e896c68c29de0cb5a752bc2.jpeg

☹️☹️☹️This is it folks☹️☹️☹️

‘Lean Observing’ 

Bank of Televue properly raided! You only realise how good Delos are when you use primitive Plossls (Ethos ain’t bad either). But, they do have a certain charm. Rather like driving a good classic car compared to its modern counterpart. ?.

Also, only 3 Dobs now (and solar gear - obviously).

Paul

You have my sympathy Paul, been there myself for quite a while with just a set of BGOs, a 24 Pan and a Nag zoom but you will manage. Those big bad boys will come back to you in time :)

• Like 1

No sympathy required Stu. But, thanks all the same. A case full of Televue is better than money in the bank. ?. I’ll enjoy rebuilding my collection.

Some of Gary’s nice new bix full of Green & Black look really familiar! He’ll enjoy the move from the excellent SLV range. The viewing experience is similar in style. But, everything that the little SLV’s do, the Delos does just a little bit better and noticeably wider.

Paul

• Like 2

@garryblueboy you may find that you don’t need the 12mm as you have the 14mm and the 10mm.

Maybe spend the cash on a couple of in- travel adaptors to make the 14 & 17.3mm Delos parfocal with the rest of the range and the 24mm Panoptic.

Paul

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul73 said:

@garryblueboy you may find that you don’t need the 12mm as you have the 14mm and the 10mm.

Maybe spend the cash on a couple of in- travel adaptors to make the 14 & 17.3mm Delos parfocal with the rest of the range and the 24mm Panoptic.

Paul

Umm that’s idea thanks Paul yes bet couple of those pieces look familiar 

4 hours ago, Paul73 said:

Bank of Televue properly raided!

As you know I had cause to empty my Tele Vue account a few months ago - it was very sad to see them all shipped off to new foster homes :sad: 

But fortunes change, and I now have a very nice box of 100º monsters and a full set of 70º XWs.

I have kept a small token of green and black in Nostalgia Corner in the hope that one day they might all return :smile: 

IMG_1298.jpg.3097bb13f0991a1a5dd3273b797b1960.jpg

Yes, I know, there are overlaps - but I keep telling myself it's ok :icon_rolleyes:

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Not sure I've ever posted in one of these "Show me yours " threads before, but here's my little collection that gets used with my dobs and for telescope reviews. I also have a 2" 2X Powermate that is mainly used for planetary views on rare steady  nights, but I don't like using the Paracorr, Powermate,  and a chunky EP together, far too heavy :) There's a bunch of cheap Plossls, and other EP's that came with telescopes somewhere in the obsy,  mostly shoved in drawers.

20180722_194404.jpg

• Like 10

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎21‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 16:56, DRT said:

As you know I had cause to empty my Tele Vue account a few months ago - it was very sad to see them all shipped off to new foster homes :sad: 

But fortunes change, and I now have a very nice box of 100º monsters and a full set of 70º XWs.

I have kept a small token of green and black in Nostalgia Corner in the hope that one day they might all return :smile: 

IMG_1298.jpg.3097bb13f0991a1a5dd3273b797b1960.jpg

Yes, I know, there are overlaps - but I keep telling myself it's ok :icon_rolleyes:

I know it has been discussed many times before  - but you feel the need to change the XW's back to TV? I would think the XW's plenty good enough for 70 degree.

Do you think you have changed your eps more than any other person ever??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, bish said:

I know it has been discussed many times before  - but you feel the need to change the XW's back to TV? I would think the XW's plenty good enough for 70 degree.

Do you think you have changed your eps more than any other person ever??

I think you might be right ?

• Like 3

On 21/07/2018 at 13:51, garryblueboy said:

Thanks to some of the guys on here I’m now the proud owner of this wonderful Eyepiece case thanks guys they will be loved .

yes there is a deliberate gap hopefully the 12mm will not be to long joining anybody

I have a Delos set that had planned gaps at 10mm and 14mm. Over time I never felt like I was missing anything at 14mm but I quite often found that 8mm was too much but 12mm was not enough.

I have therefore filled the 10mm gap and still feel no need of a 14mm for observing but having only one missing from a set is making me twitch!

• Like 1

No, there are only 3 barlows. 2x, 3x, and 5x. Next to those is a 4.2mm eyepiece. Above the barlows are 26, 20, 12.5, 9, and 6mm plossls. On the side is my Cheshire and laser collimators. Then my laser pointer, filters, thermometer, and a small red light that hangs on my focuser while sketching. The empty spot is where I keep the caps from the finder scope and focuser while observing.