Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello from Maidstone, UK

SiriusB76

Just wanted to say hi to everyone. I’m not really new to this amazing hobby, but feel this would be a great place to get some advice and tips, look at other members awesome pics and have the odd rant about the awful cloudy skies of the UK?

I have a Celestron Astromaster 130eq and a Coronado PST. Hopefully some of you guys can kindly help me get the best out of my basic setup lol.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, SiriusB76 said:

Hi Jon, it’s nice to know there’s someone fairly local with the same hobby. I can imagine you have darker skies in Hadlow, compared to here Maidstone too.

Probably a bit better, got Tonbridge to the south and Maidstone to the north, need to head further south to get better skies.

17 minutes ago, SiriusB76 said:

Sorry but I’m a Kentish lass, but nice all the same, to hear from a fellow Kentish man ?

Assuming that the two local pubs are correctly named I am a Man of Kent

Hi and welcome to SGL from Lowestoft on the Suffolk Coast. I was born and attended school in Maidstone 'many Moons ago'.  I too am a 'Man of Kent rather than a 'Kentish Man' - I seem to remember it is governed by - on which side of the River Medway you were born .  Weather and light pollution permitting, enjoy your Astronomy SiriusB76 !.

George in Lowestoft currently recovering from a long and largely unsuccessful meteor imaging session.

Hello and welcome from an exile Man of Kent. Mis spent my youth in the area surrounding East Malling then, as I grew up and started to wander, spent many a happy hour in Maidstone. Joined the Army and now find myself on the other side of London.

Welcome from another Kentish Lass, but I am from Bromley Kent, which the government these days likes to call Greater London.  Well I've certainly got the London Light pollution.  Not so many of us females around though.

Carole 

Archived