SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

New member from Stockton On Tees

mikelawler

Hi Mike,

Welcome to the forum, are you new to astronomy or just new to the forum?  I think there are plenty of members from around your area. You will find this a very friendly and helpful place so feel free to ask anything. I am pretty new to it all but found this place a real help.

Steve

Hi guys, thanks for the warm welcome. I have been into astronomy for a good couple of years now and have a Skywatcher Explorer 130P SynScan telescope. Managed to grab a few shots of Jupiter / Saturn and plenty of the moon, what to look for next is the question....any advice ?

Hi Mike

Welcome from land down under

Yes, you do travel the universe in this forum, and make friends on the way

Check out astronomy clubs/associations in your area

Members only too happy to show you their set-ups, and club meets have interesting presentations

John 

On 27/06/2018 at 07:10, mikelawler said:

Just a quick hello to everyone...just joined up yesterday. Is there anyone else in here from my area ?

Hello mike.

My name is Wayne and I am from down the a66 at Middlesbrough.

Just joined this site I have a skywatcher explorer 130 EQ2 telescope, this is all new to me and getting to know how to use my telescope from a £30 telescope from Argos to this can be difficult to use, I always enjoyed space ect when I was young and finally decided to follow it up now.

Right now I only use my telescope in my back garden as I want to get use to moving it correctly and searching correctly also.

I have made basic mistakes while using it e.g using my white light instead of a red light and moving the telescope incorrectly also but I am learning and hopefully I will get the hang of this before the winter comes as the dark night are longer. 

Archived