NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Galloway Autumn Star Camp 2018

Hello All, here`s a date for your diaries,i`m pleased to announce the dates for our Autumn star camp to be held at the award winning http://www.drumroamin.co.uk/

campsite run by Lesley and Ralph Shell. The dates are Wednesday 3rd October until Monday 8th October 2018.

All bookings are to be made direct with the campsite, the fees can be checked with Lesley

With any luck the earlier date this year may work to our advantage-----------time will tell.

I will post later in the week just wanted to get the dates out there as i have had quite a few enquiries.

Look forward to seeing new faces and seasoned regulars,

Regards

Mike

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 6 months later...

Well, thought I better get this thread going a bit, as it has been a bit quiet, considering there is less than 7 weeks til the event.

I suspect part of the reason for the lack of replies is that @Physopto is taking a sabbatical, having sold his van and @mapstar thinks Skye deserves his attention more than GSP ? ( hope the skies play ball this time)

Rest assured myself, Mike & @kennyk will carry the flag this year for Scotland’s premiere star party, not forgetting @wackyscot ‘s Abernathy SP - good luck for that ?

I am really looking forward to some really dark skies, craic, a wee dram ( of Irish) -oh, and some pies ?

On 17/08/2018 at 20:18, Uplooker said:

Well, thought I better get this thread going a bit, as it has been a bit quiet, considering there is less than 7 weeks til the event.

I suspect part of the reason for the lack of replies is that @Physopto is taking a sabbatical, having sold his van and @mapstar thinks Skye deserves his attention more than GSP ? ( hope the skies play ball this time)

Rest assured myself, Mike & @kennyk will carry the flag this year for Scotland’s premiere star party, not forgetting @wackyscot ‘s Abernathy SP - good luck for that ?

I am really looking forward to some really dark skies, craic, a wee dram ( of Irish) -oh, and some pies ?

Still here although, astro has been far from my thoughts of late. 

Sorry to say I will not be making it but hope the skies play ball as I doubt there are enough whisk(e)y reserves left in Scotland for another clouded event. 

I will post an update if there's any changes but I wish all well.

I will call Ralph and Leslie tomorrow to book up, the thread has been unusually quiet as mentioned above,  I know a couple from my club Tweedale Astronomical society are booked,... so Mr Demon Barber... have we any idea of numbers yet for this stargazers extravaganza  ?

IMAG0313.thumb.jpg.318386cdd80ecf6e64336d6c1d53eee6.jpgHi folk's,hope you are well.

I'm on Drumroamin Farm as we speak having a great weeks stay with the family.

Skies have been mostly cloudy although Saturday was goodish for a couple of hours and tonight promises clear patches till midnight.

The campsite is in pristine condition as picture taken 10 mins ago shows.

Off to the Harbour Inn in Garlieston for some dinner soon and back for a spot off stargazing...hopefully.

Looking forward to the Galloway star party and meeting up with everyone again.

See you all soon.

KennyIMAG0311_BURST001.thumb.jpg.e67d3eb06615699e9fe311d7a54ca9dc.jpgIMAG0312.thumb.jpg.2f1bdfe1b83cd4f567aa809ba2da3a0a.jpg

20 minutes ago, westmarch said:

Hi all,

is this a private event or can anyone join in?

John

Hi John

It's a public star party so open to all.

Mike (Demon barber) should be along with further info.

1 minute ago, mapstar said:

Hi John

It's a public star party so open to all.

Mike (Demon barber) should be along with further info.

Hi Damian,

Great!  I can only make Friday - Monday but will book up tomorrow.  Thanks for the quick response.

John

12 hours ago, wookie1965 said:

Going mention this to my Son tomorrow I am thinking of coming for the Friday,Saturday and Sunday but I need my son help put tent up and set up with my back.

There will be plenty of folks to help you put the tent up. All good guys who go :)

24 minutes ago, wackyscot said:

There will be plenty of folks to help you put the tent up. All good guys who go :)

As Dave says, there will be no shortage of people to help put your tent up. I am going to be there Thurs - Sunday

Archived