SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Galloway Autumn Star Canp 2019

I've quit my job to make sure that I get a few days here this time - kind of true,  my contract ends on the 30th, I'll be there on 31st. Probably stay until Monday. 

Not sure what you'll think of this, but I'm going to be bringing some Welsh whiskey with me...

Getting excited now. I haven't had my scope out, or been on the forum for about 6 months.

Edited by rockystar
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hi All, good news there is a new fish and chip shop in Newton Stewart prices are very reasonable, a good range of cooked to order food,and a sit in if you fancy, it’s open 12 to 9pm every day.

There are copies of their price list on site.

The field is in great condition and the skies as good as I’ve seen them,I’ve been up for a week and cannot wait for the event,any questions please pm me

Regards

Mike

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Demon Barber said:

Hi All, good news there is a new fish and chip shop in Newton Stewart prices are very reasonable, a good range of cooked to order food,and a sit in if you fancy, it’s open 12 to 9pm every day.

There are copies of their price list on site.

The field is in great condition and the skies as good as I’ve seen them,I’ve been up for a week and cannot wait for the event,any questions please pm me

Regards

Mike

Damian, I hope you like fish and chips, I might not be cooking this time. Sorry, rephrase that, I might not be cooking in the evening. Will be doing breakfast - heaven forbid!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Uplooker said:

No food  /shop on site. Nearest is Wigtown, only 10 mins up the road that has Spar / Co-Op etc. A bit further is Newtown Stewart that has a Sainsbury's or is it Tesco?

As Ian says it's only 10mins to wigtown Co- op and Newton Stewart has Sainsburys and an Aldi too about 20mins away.

There's an undercover BBQ area at the top of the site which me and Ian have used for the last few years. Well sheltered  from the prevailing south westerly breeze. Mike is always obliging with a cuppa and a chat.

• Like 2

Hi,

There is an excellent butchers in  the middle of Newton Stewart, plus a few eating places and pubs.

On Tuesday mornings, there is a travelling butcher to the site and then there is the fishmonger. The cod fillet is great and so are the ribeye steaks and they do eggs and potatoes as well.

There is The Harbour Inn in Garlieston about 15 minutes by car. They do a very good carvery on a Sunday. The locals are very friendly and it has a beautiful live fire, a wonderful item after a cold day in a tent!

Cheers

Adrian

• Like 3

That was interesting, had a video call from the director of the production company. New linen required. She asked many questions, and asked how was I in front of cameras, I said well I'm here now. So looks like possible 40 minute Galloway Documentary. 🤪She also wants to meet before the event to get my background. Drunk old fart with some astro knowledge. Canny wait, This could be huge for us guys.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Hi All, by way of a thank you from Lesley and Ralph  owners of Drumroamin campsite there will be a buffet supper being served in the warm room on the Sat evening 2nd Nov, all campers/attendees welcome can you let me know if anyone requires a vegetarian or other choice in good time.

I have sampled Lesleys cooking on many occasions and i can be sure it will be a winner and a very nice gesture.

The time of the meal can be decided on the day,and i`m sure a pie or two will make an apperance.

Not long to wait now,

See everyone there 😀

Regards

Mike

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Breaking News !

The South Shields Astronomical Gazette has reported that Damian (Mapstar) has just joined  P.E.A. ( Pie Eaters Anonymous). 

Apparently during his interview he stated "his problems with pies, started in childhood"

He has fought the addiction for many years but he realised after perfecting his "22" pie measuring device", that he had to do something drastic to end the belly stretching problem. 

I am sure we all wish him all the best with fighting his addiction. 

Now  Ian,,,   What yer gonna do without yer competitive pal.   🤣 

• Haha 4

On 05/10/2019 at 05:21, Physopto said:

Breaking News !

The South Shields Astronomical Gazette has reported that Damian (Mapstar) has just joined  P.E.A. ( Pie Eaters Anonymous). 

Apparently during his interview he stated "his problems with pies, started in childhood"

He has fought the addiction for many years but he realised after perfecting his "22" pie measuring device", that he had to do something drastic to end the belly stretching problem. 

I am sure we all wish him all the best with fighting his addiction. 

Now  Ian,,,   What yer gonna do without yer competitive pal.   🤣 

What's  all this talk of being addicted? A pie a day isn't addiction!!! 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, mapstar said:

What's  all this talk of being addicted? A pie a day isn't addiction!!! 

Mmmmmmmm, methinks 365 a year for 40 + years!

ADDICTION.... for sure.

Seek help and quickly,,,, or there will be none left for anyone else😡😡😡

• Haha 2

I'm heading up early if possible and also looking forward to it. Let's hope as Ian says all this wind and rain is getting out of the way and clear settled weather moves in for the anniversary bash 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Physopto said:

It will be my first for several years. Can't wait to wind up a few souls!!

😂

Be good to see you again at the event Derren 😁

Edited by mapstar
  • Haha 4