Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Galloway Autumn Star Camp 2018

Hi David,

Great checklist for a first timer, but fails miserably for us old timers.... no mention of essentials.... whiskey.... Pool skills.... Pie Eating skills and of course Jaffa cakes

Can you make it this time as I and others would love to meet up with you again.

What fun you cause around the place.....

Cheers

Adrian

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very Kind of you to say Adrian. Yes we'll be there. Thursday to Sunday with a newcomer Tony.  He trekked from Dundee to Abernethy on Buses carrying all his gear with the help of his Landlady. That's commitment for you. And, he was 71 when he did that. Oh and he enjoys the odd dram. He may be lucky enough to sample a couple ;) 

See you soon

David

Hi Mike,

This is coming from the centre of Douglas on the Isle of Man. all ferries to the mainland have been cancelled  for this Wednesday, so I have had a wonderful tour of the island from Hadyn. It was so  windy in places that when I was taking a photo I had to wrap my foot around a pole. Hopefully no dog [removed word] against the pole. 

Looking forward to a sea crossing to Liverpool tomorrow afternoon when the seas may have calmed down.

The IoM is really a wonderful place, definitely worth the effort to get here.

Got eight days at home before driving up to Galloway.

See you there

Cheers

Adrian

2 hours ago, stuffedhaggis said:

Two weeks to go before I need to be picked up of the floor with Alcohol Poisoning. 

Were you camping in the transit van last year?

On a side note, I got me a new tent today?. Think the old one would have lasted for this SP but didn’t want to risk it.

still haven’t decided which whiskey to bring.

9 hours ago, Uplooker said:

On a side note, I got me a new tent today?. Think the old one would have lasted for this SP but didn’t want to risk it.

Gotta get a new tent myself. You gone for a 3 man tent again? 

10 hours ago, Uplooker said:

No I am one the lads that carries Dave (WackyScots) all week 

32 minutes ago, mapstar said:

If you can find one get a Bergaus air 4 or 6 they are brilliant loads of room and go up in minutes. 6000HH new £600 but you can pick second hand ones just make sure non of the tubes are burst if you go for a second hand one, I was very lucky got the air 6 for £400 saving for the canopy now.

49 minutes ago, mapstar said:

Haha, I got the same as your current tent. Missed out on a couple the same as my old one, got your one for £159 delivered.

Did think about a standy up one but knew what the wind can be like at Galloway and thought better of it

57 minutes ago, mapstar said:

Haha, I got the same as your current tent. Missed out on a couple the same as my old one, got your one for £159 delivered.

Did think about a standy up one but knew what the wind can be like at Galloway and thought better of it

Hi Ian,

Hadyn and Christina recommend that you bring a large selection of malts.

I am bringing a bottle of Highland Park or two,  Glenmorangie, and Famous Grouse to wash by teeth!!!!

Yes, tents need to be strong to survive the light 40 to 50 mph breezes that occur near Wigton Bay.

We had clear skies over Douglas last night, hoping to capture those clear skies for Galloway.

I am leaving here this afternoon for the Big Island and a 200 mile trip to Watford.

See you in a fortnight.

Cheers

Adrian

2 minutes ago, Uplooker said:

That's told me twice (Double posting) :happy7:

I seem to be having a bit of trouble with the forum at present from both the desktop and the mobile? taking ages to post off the mobile and sometimes the desktop? Did a double post myself the other day as it took ages to upload? 

Good tent do they still come with ali poles? only things I've replaced in 6 years of using it

13 minutes ago, mapstar said:

That's told me twice (Double posting) :happy7:

I seem to be having a bit of trouble with the forum at present from both the desktop and the mobile? taking ages to post off the mobile and sometimes the desktop? Did a double post myself the other day as it took ages to upload? 

Good tent do they still come with ali poles? only things I've replaced in 6 years of using it

Yes, forum running really slow and reason for double post.

Yes, comes with ally pokes. I have emailed you a link to the one I got. Says only 1 remaining but the bloke told me they have loads.

Archived