SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Galloway Autumn Star Camp 2017

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi A/B,see page one ,link here ,nice to have a name please,any booking queries  can be addressed by Lesley at http://www.drumroamin.co.uk/  Look forward to meeting you ,if you checkout earlier  Galloway s/p posts,they will give you a flavor of our get together`s,

Any other questions just ask away! :icon_biggrin:

Regards

Mike

I'll hold you to that Mike, else make sure the fishmonger hangs around so I can actually buy some.

I little daylight rain & a light breeze to clear the air, wonderful, howling gales on the other hand..

• 2 months later...
33 minutes ago, Demon Barber said:

Nice to see you booked up,a name would be nice,any questions just ask away,

See you in  Nov,

Regards

Mike

Mike,

I think you will find that you have already met Patrick, Mike O'Brien's brother-in-law (aka Alan Bennet?)

Good to hear Patrick, look forward to seeing you in Novon Nov.

Hi Mike,

I agree, we entertained Elizabeth (?) the Dark Sky Ranger, it just shows how the people that organise things are not included in discussions as to the way forward!

People like Lesley and Ralph should be invited because of the efforts they put in. How can this group help the campsite owners.

Maybe we should invite the Dark Sky Group to the Autumn SP to discuss our thoughts on how to progress the issues.

I am looking forward to another Dark Sky bonanza.......at Drumroanin.....

Cheers

Adrian

Hi David,

Trust you are in the best of health.

Will we have the pleasure of your company in November?

Was it Keith Muir (mentioned in the BBC piece) who met us one Saturday lunchtime at the Kirkinner Inn about 7 years ago?

We discussed light pollution, the steps the Forestry Commission was doing in Glen Trool and south west Scotland. Plus setting up plans for other forest areas.

D & G Council are taking great steps to combat light pollution. My local council are trying to tackle the light problems, they have installed LEDs in my road, the lights put more "white" light on the street, but massive reduction in upward light......... great.....

Anyway, I hope to be at Drumroanin in November, as usual pitch 19 for Whiskey, Ouzo ad Jaffa Cakes.

Cheers

Adrian

On ‎23‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 08:44, Adrian Condon said:

Hi David,

Trust you are in the best of health.

Will we have the pleasure of your company in November?

Was it Keith Muir (mentioned in the BBC piece) who met us one Saturday lunchtime at the Kirkinner Inn about 7 years ago?

We discussed light pollution, the steps the Forestry Commission was doing in Glen Trool and south west Scotland. Plus setting up plans for other forest areas.

D & G Council are taking great steps to combat light pollution. My local council are trying to tackle the light problems, they have installed LEDs in my road, the lights put more "white" light on the street, but massive reduction in upward light......... great.....

Anyway, I hope to be at Drumroanin in November, as usual pitch 19 for Whiskey, Ouzo ad Jaffa Cakes.

Cheers

Adrian

Hi Adrian,

Yes the mad squad will be in attendance. I'm in good health thanks. looking forward to some great weather, great skies and the odd tipple :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All ,well not long now till Galloway,i`m ordering the pies,and don`t worry there will be extra`s for those of you who like to take them home.

The clear sky has been on order for months :icon_biggrin:.

Was in Marks yesteday and got a bottle of Writer`s Tears with £3 off

See you all next month.

Regards

Mike

Yes not long till the count down.... will be tenting it again, the company looking at my self leveling system have been dragging it out and cant say yeh or nay and until its a yey, im stalled on project Obsy. but ne'r mind the whisky reserves have been added to with some unique malts on the cards this year.... ive even got a spinning 4 bottle optic system, talk about posh or what!!

Ill also be bringing along my 100mm Takahashi  and EQ6 mount that I acquired earlier in the year. need to get some practice in before the camp though!!

Looking forward to a good year as were due one!

Clear Skies peeps..

Well said Stuart,we are definately due some clear skies!!!!!!!!!!!

The firm renovating your suspesion seem to be taking their time,is it in need of new components or are they refurbishing the original?

Your 4 bottle optic sounds interesting,but it will be expensive to replenish.

Lets hope you get a longer on site than last time,you better bring wellies-----just in case :icon_biggrin: just joking.

Looking forward to catching up with you,have you got any photo`s of your conversion,i`d be very interested

Regards

Mike

Hi Everyone.

Looking forward to making the trip to Drumroamin for a second time. Only 4 weeks to go!

Here's the forecast in my area for this weekend over the new moon. Pretty awful and sums up the weather here over the last 12 months or so.

The weather in Galloway WILL be much better than this :icon_biggrin:

astro weather.jpg

Bloomin' heck, your right, it's not far off. Weather here has been carp too.

Your right, the skies are going to be clear at Dunroamin!

Hope to be able to converse with you a bit more this time, only briefly spoke to you in Mike's caravan last time.

Archived