NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

1 hour ago, Philip R said:

Nothing.... 'tis my 60th birthday [happy birthday to me] 😊 
and no postman/postwoman today 😭

Another birthday is the best reward one can get. Many happy returns. 

• Thanks 1

A nice lynx astro power cable arrived today from Auntie @FLOordered yesterday, delivered today what perfect service. There was no cloud sticker on this so I hoping the clouds will of gone for this purchase. This will go perfect with my az gti mount and new lynx astro eqdir cable. 

IMG_20210703_105910.jpg

Edited by AstroNebulee
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, AstroNebulee said:

A nice lynx astro power cable arrived today from Auntie @FLOordered yesterday, delivered today what perfect service. There was no cloud sticker on this so I hoping the clouds will of gone for this purchase. This will go perfect with my az gti mount and new lynx astro eqdir cable. 

IMG_20210703_105910.jpg

These Lynx Astro cables are super. I’ve replaced at my SW cables with them - the coil cables to the handsets too.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, JeremyS said:

These Lynx Astro cables are super. I’ve replaced at my SW cables with them - the coil cables to the handsets too

They are lovely quality, pricey but very much worth it, gone for the 2m power and 5m eqdir as you never know! 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, AstroNebulee said:

IMG_20210703_105910.jpg

Great cables 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Must be a record for me - nothing "astro" delivered here for over 6 months now :dontknow:

Can't think of anything that I want to be honest.

Not really doing "my bit" for the astro retailers or 2nd hand equipment market am I :rolleyes2:

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, John said:

Must be a record for me - nothing "astro" delivered here for over 6 months now :dontknow:

Can't think of anything that I want to be honest.

Not really doing "my bit" for the astro retailers or 2nd hand equipment market am I :rolleyes2:

Anything sold in that period, John?

1 hour ago, JeremyS said:

Anything sold in that period, John?

One eyepiece late last year is all that I can recall :icon_scratch:

I could still downsize a fair bit in terms of gear I reckon. No pressing reason to do this or to chase anything new though.

• Like 4

+1 here for the lynx astro stuff - I have the dew controller and a couple of straps (as yet unused!) plus the power cables to replace the standard ones for my EQ6-R pro. All super quality. I didn't realise they did the handset cables as well, I think I'll have to pick those up as the standard ones are rubbish. 

• Like 3

As the postman doesn’t work on Sunday ( probably in church ) I went to collect this little scope and mount from a Facebook buy and sell ad . A Bresser 70/700 which needs a bit of TLC but the optics are great . This might be sold on at a later date but for now it’s a really quick set up that will work fine on the moon.Oh , I forgot to mention the price paid …. £5 … for everything ! A real bargain 

A58288BA-A58B-4C58-8433-20D13FCCDA60.jpeg

Edited by Stu1smartcookie
  • Like 9

38 minutes ago, laudropb said:

Thought I would add to my meteorite collection which stood at 1 meteorite and 1 tektite. Study set from Spacerocks arrived today

C30A79BA-842F-4C6D-A777-19775DE6E630.jpeg

Very nice...and so it begins 😉

Mark

• Like 3

2 hours ago, laudropb said:

Thought I would add to my meteorite collection which stood at 1 meteorite and 1 tektite. Study set from Spacerocks arrived today

C30A79BA-842F-4C6D-A777-19775DE6E630.jpeg

Nice collection in a nice storage box (was the box included?). I have all of those (bought separately), and a few more. It's a slippery slope when you buy your 1st meteorite.

I've been searching for a display box like that. I can't find one anywhere.

I tell a lie. I don't have a Sericho.

*I just ordered a Sericho*

Edited by LukeSkywatcher
  • Like 6

3 minutes ago, laudropb said:

The box came with the set. You could try Spacerocks. It’s run by David Bryant. He is very good to deal with.

FLO buy from David. I buy from FLO, so essentially I am buying from David. I'll give the spacerocks site a try.

Thanks.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, laudropb said:

I think you will find it a good bit cheaper to buy direct. Only to be expected and not meant as a slight to FLO who I use for all my astro purchases.

No luck on Spacerocks. I did find the ideal display case on Amazon.de. it can be wall mounted (or not). I'd prefer to wall mount it because nowhere else to display. It gets very good reviews compared to the same product which come painted black or white. 4.5 stars. The others get a 4 star. Easily big enough to house my collection.

418TFSIAJGS._AC_SY580_.jpg

• Like 2

Today this arrived, all the way from Telescop-Express in Germany in just 3 working days , an AZT6 mount for my recently acquired  (brand new, possibly the last one in the UK, and accidentally noticed on the website of a dealer I'd never heard of ) Bresser 102s 'frac .

TSAZT6.jpg.9ebaaaf891c0d9fa94dce46352b2165c.jpg

Keeping the set up German 🙂  well, except for the tripod, which is Italian ...

Heather

• Like 8