Narrowband

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

8 minutes ago, Tim C said:

The two run-outs they did get, they were hanging off an EVOGuide 50 - a poor man's RC51 - it's good to know they're getting an upgrade! 'For Sale to a Good Home' is a genuine philosophy of mine 😂

Got one of those too.

• Like 1

Having never shot through a RedCat, I'd be interested in your opinion on the difference in quality - I was very pleased with the EVO, and in a former life I was a TV Production Manager used to scrutinising image quality for pixel-grade defects so consider myself very fussy. The built-in rotator of the RedCat was the only thing I can remember wishing I had, but I got a 3D printed set of tube rings for the EVO that solved that problem. Once I'm in a position to reacquire, it'd be edifying to know if it's worth splurging on the RedCat just for the sake of a uniform colour scheme 😎

Round about 6pm the nice DPD guy brought me a replacement Celestron focus motor. I'd bought one from Rother valley in February but it went haywire on sunday, running away on the clockwise move in button and refusing to cooperate with any other instructions e.g. Calibrate.  I contacted Adam at RVO on Monday and got it into the post on Tuesday. The brand new replacement just arrived, no quibles. Bolted on and calibrated with no issues so I'm back in business. Don't think I've ever had bad service from RVO. 

Graeme  

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Tim C said:

Having never shot through a RedCat, I'd be interested in your opinion on the difference in quality - I was very pleased with the EVO, and in a former life I was a TV Production Manager used to scrutinising image quality for pixel-grade defects so consider myself very fussy. The built-in rotator of the RedCat was the only thing I can remember wishing I had, but I got a 3D printed set of tube rings for the EVO that solved that problem. Once I'm in a position to reacquire, it'd be edifying to know if it's worth splurging on the RedCat just for the sake of a uniform colour scheme 😎

Retired technical IT project manager; i get where you are coming from.

I’ll be trying this with the BlackCat so I can control with the ASIAir Pro, with ZWO guide scope & ASI120, and the 183 for imaging. Will also have ZWO EAF attached.

I think on AVX initially.

Then try the same setup with the EVOguide 50

Clear(ish) skies permitting. So, may be a while.

Edited by iapa

Not strictly astro, but yesterday the post lady deleivered a brand new phone (Samsung 5G A42).  It has 4 camera lens on it. Could make for a nice astro cam.

It is an upgrade (so no cost), after 2 yrs. Mobile data, calls, texts etc are unlimited. 128 Gig internal storage. 40 euro a month, my old  phone Samsung A50 was a limited plan. 

Edited by LukeSkywatcher
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, wookie1965 said:

If its for the 150 probably only need one roll and makes a difference better contrast as no reflections.

Thanks. FLO says 1-2 so I erred on the side of caution. Should have checked on here first! 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sabalias said:

Thanks. FLO says 1-2 so I erred on the side of caution. Should have checked on here first! 😂

My 150p took one my 200p took 1.5 but and I will say but I got the d-c-fix from wilko`s not FLO so there may be a bit of a size difference.

Today I received a Baader Diamond Steeltrack from Astroshop.eu which is going to go on the 300p. What a lovely piece of kit it is.  I gave up on the idea of fitting my Moonlite CR2 to it as can't get hold of a base plate, so that's staying on the 200p as a visual scope (once I source a Dob mount for it).  The current single speed skywatcher Crayford on the 300p is going to be swapped onto the Fullerscope and that is going to become a dedicated WL solar scope with a full aperture Baader ND3.8 filter.

Also received a Lakeside bracket and a click lock clamp for the Steeltrack from FLO.

20210615_172043.jpg

Edited by CraigT82
  • Like 13

My new to me zwo guidescope arrived today courtesy of fellow SGL member @Iceman120. Its in beautiful condition and will form part of my new imaging setup with my sw 72ed AzGti in EQ mode. Thank you again Rich for a smooth sale 👍

IMG_20210616_173029.jpg

IMG_20210616_173016.jpg

Edited by AstroNebulee
  • Like 6

Received the latest draft copy of the book I am working on. The cover picture needs to be replaced as I can't contact the creator. If anyone knows any cool double star pics, let me know!

This version of the diagrams passed the red light torch test, so now I can just focus on writing.

20210616_203122.thumb.jpg.8a77e6aa46a2b49a252b66dba98cb91c.jpg

20210616_203059.thumb.jpg.d78e242abd18ed35741bf0f43669201c.jpg

Edited by Ags
  • Like 17

56 minutes ago, Ags said:

Received the latest draft copy of the book I am working on. The cover picture needs to be replaced as I can't contact the creator. If anyone knows any cool double star pics, let me know!

This version of the diagrams passed the red light torch test, so now I can just focus on writing.

20210616_203122.thumb.jpg.8a77e6aa46a2b49a252b66dba98cb91c.jpg

20210616_203059.thumb.jpg.d78e242abd18ed35741bf0f43669201c.jpg

Amazing stuff! When do you estimate it will be available for purchase? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Once I have finished the writing and testing, I  will make the PDF freely available and it will have a link to lulu.com where you can print a copy. Or you can just print out the pages you need at home, or open the pdf on your phone. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

On 09/06/2021 at 11:30, F15Rules said:

Yes, Jeremy..and you've even got Es at it too.. he said the OTA handled beautifully...

I really don't know how to to handle this banter. My recent attempt to join in earned a deserved  rap across the knuckles ! !

• Haha 2

I’m looking forward to being able to use this when nights allow; although I’ll miss my EQ5 Pro for its better portability. I realise there are heavier mounts than the HEQ5 Pro but I didn’t need something that big (or that much more expensive 😂).

Stu

C13AA02F-95A6-442B-AF95-55632A0EBA3E.jpeg

• Like 8

2 hours ago, david_taurus83 said:

Postman Fate just happened to leave this in my path! T'would look good bolted to a lump of concrete in the garden, I'm thinking! 

20210617_081041.jpg

Do you live on Mars?
Soil colour suggests you might 😊

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, JeremyS said:

Do you live on Mars?
Soil colour suggests you might 😊

Lol this particular site is all red sand. It makes a nice change from the typical wet mud we have to suffer for 90% of the year! Also, just to point out, I haven't stole anything! This is ductile iron left over from a pump station installation. I purposefully dragged the installer over to the pile yesterday and asked him what he needed from it. Nothing was the answer so this would have ended up in a skip! Can't believe my luck there's a double flanged length left over. Can pour a flat concrete pad now and bolt this to it. A purpose made astro pier is 500 quid and this hasn't cost me a bean!

It's nestled safely in the van now!

20210617_095338.jpg

• Like 8

25 minutes ago, david_taurus83 said:

A purpose made astro pier is 500 quid and this hasn't cost me a bean!

So have you decided what you're going to buy with the 500 quid you saved?

• Like 2