Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

8 hours ago, Barry Fitz-Gerald said:

That Panoptic looks silly there - send it to me I have a small space in my EP case that will fit it much better.

Please don't discourage him , he will be adding the Pentax 5mm XO to fill that space . 😉

• Haha 1

PrimaluceLab bits and bobs (with a bit of WO thrown in for good measure 😁).

These will be used as a side by side set up. On one side my ZWO ASI 533MC-Pro & Samyang 135ED lens & on the other the guide set up, SW EvoGuide ED50 & Asi 120mm-s.

The price certainly shoots up when you start adding these to the shopping basket 😱 but the quality seems very impressive.

IMG_20210621_120159_4.jpg

IMG_20210621_115409_0.jpg

Edited by nephilim
  • Like 6

25 minutes ago, nephilim said:

The price certainly shoots up when you start adding these to the shopping basket

It sure does...I'm frightened to add up all the accessories I've purchased to go on my SkyGuider Pro mount  😬

• Like 2

1 hour ago, callisto said:

It sure does...I'm frightened to add up all the accessories I've purchased to go on my SkyGuider Pro mount  😬

@callisto The accessories are not far behind the glass 😱 This little lot set me back just under £400 😂

Edited by nephilim
  • Like 1

And inside the box a little Bresser MC100 mak OTA. Bought off ABS on Sunday and delivered this morning. 👍🏻 Did upgrade the stock RDF to a SW 6x30 RACI and fitted a dielectric diagonal.

In like new condition and no wait for it to come back into stock at a dealer. One German dealer is quoting April 2022 availability. 🙀🙀🙀

0381A29D-DB11-4652-A6AE-3C0AFACE2BFF.jpeg

DBB713E4-731C-4FFB-9648-92F557FDA804.jpeg

Edited by johninderby
  • Like 12

16 minutes ago, johninderby said:

And inside the box a little Bresser MC100 mak OTA. Bought off ABS yesterday and delivered this morning. 👍🏻 Did upgrade the stock RDF to a SW 6x30 RACI and fitted a dielectric diagonal.

In like new condition and no wait for it to come back into stock at a dealer. One German dealer is quoting April 2022 availability. 🙀🙀🙀

0381A29D-DB11-4652-A6AE-3C0AFACE2BFF.jpeg

DBB713E4-731C-4FFB-9648-92F557FDA804.jpeg

Looks great , John . 

Just another refractor!  😉 A nice one though. Celestron Omni XLT 102mm f10 achro. Very nice condition with clean optics, but needs some little jobs done: focuser needs to be stripped and adjusted, dew-shield needs to be flocked, need to source some replacement visual back compression ring screws as they've obviously got lost and been replaced with some really odd big-ass ones, and after all that collimation adjusted. Oh and a good polish and wax will really bring out the gorgeous paint! ;) 

omni1.jpeg

omni2.jpeg

omni3.jpeg

omni4.jpeg

• Like 9

2 hours ago, A McEwan said:

Just another refractor!  😉 A nice one though. Celestron Omni XLT 102mm f10 achro. Very nice condition with clean optics, but needs some little jobs done: focuser needs to be stripped and adjusted, dew-shield needs to be flocked, need to source some replacement visual back compression ring screws as they've obviously got lost and been replaced with some really odd big-ass ones, and after all that collimation adjusted. Oh and a good polish and wax will really bring out the gorgeous paint! ;) 

omni1.jpeg

omni2.jpeg

omni3.jpeg

omni4.jpeg

Good underrated scope. I have big brother the 120mm Omni ‘frac which I got a few years back from a member on here, which is a good all rounder scope for solar, lunar, planetary and even on good dark nights for some of the brighter faint fuzzies too.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, A McEwan said:

Yes that's the one. Replaces my 90mm f10 for my solar viewing once it's "fettled"!  ;)

I knew I should have added it to my cart on Sunday 😉....Just kidding, enjoy 👍

Edited by callisto
change wording
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, callisto said:

Yeah, the odd decent item pops up once in a while :)

They had four different Swift 0.965 Circle-T EPs appear on there not long ago, at least two of which I don't have. Whilst I thought about it for a few days, they all got snapped up 😢

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Postman delivered a RockPi4 and 256GB NVME M.2 memory.   Going to try and compile KStars on it.

Initial tests show the RockPi4 is blazingly fast.  Read speed from the NVME is 1.5GB/sec 🤓

My RaspberryPi4 with SSD manages a respectable 350 MB/sec.  For further comparison the read speed from the SDCard is 24MB/sec.😟

• Like 2

I was lucky enough to grab a Lacerta Herschel wedge from astroshop for a cheap 90£ due to an offer. It was supposedly a T2 prism, but upon receiving the prism I noticed it was rather large, and I seem to have received a 2" prism instead (see measurements). I'm not mad though:lol:

Ingen tilgængelig beskrivelse.

The obvious sign it isn't the T2 prism is that my T2-1.25" adapters don't fit at all (surprise), but measuring the thread diameters with a caliper also revealed the large size. At the eyepiece side the thread is about 52.5mm and at the scope side it's about 47mm? I'd assume that'd be M54 at the eyepiece and M48 at the telescope then, but not sure if it's .75 or 1mm thread.

Could anyone guide me towards what accessories to get here? I'd really like a click lock system from Baader, but those fancy pieces of kit can costly rather quick. However, might as well get something good to begin with, but if others can recommend something else, feel free!

Victor

Edited by Victor Boesen
  • Like 2