SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

7 minutes ago, johninderby said:

Skywatcher AZ-EQ5 GT and the Berlebach tripod is very heavy duty and will hold many times the load that’s on it. 

In that case, you need a bigger scope or its a waste of tripod. Post van just pulled onto my drive. I was stuck to the window like a yappy happy ankle biter. Alas, it was just turning round to get out of the cul-de-sac.

Edited by LukeSkywatcher

just had one of those “pound of flesh” letters from parcelforce. Shipping, customs, vat etc  adding another 50% to the price... for Saturday delivery I could add another £12.... yeah right! I’ve waited long enough for it to work it’s way through customs in the U.K. another day or two ain’t going to matter.

PEter

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, PeterW said:

just had one of those “pound of flesh” letters from parcelforce. Shipping, customs, vat etc  adding another 50% to the price... for Saturday delivery I could add another £12.... yeah right! I’ve waited long enough for it to work it’s way through customs in the U.K. another day or two ain’t going to matter.

PEter

Bought something from America, Japan?. I hate those letters. They make you feel like a criminal.

Edited by LukeSkywatcher

America, maybe should have bought from source rather than a dealer via eBay, May have resulted in lower charges. Should have bought British... except we don’t make it! Just makes me angry, all that money for no show.

PEter

• Like 1

1 hour ago, johninderby said:

A little something to go on my Berlebach tripod.  ?

4DC747FF-3F05-499B-B177-DAB4173A763B.jpeg

John. A very nice  purchase if I maybe so bold. 

FT focuser for the Carton in due course ?? 

Like to think this mount will give you very nice service. 

How tall is the whole setup when sat on the peach of tripod. I am lucky to have the same tripod. 

regards. John 

Edited by Telescope40

FT maybe at Xmas. ?

Wouldn’t want to be much taller but OK. With the Skymax 180 eyepiece will be about 1400mm to 1470mm so a very comfortable height. With Big Red might have to extend the tripod legs a bit. Or just remove the pillar extension and use a chair with the 180. Think that’ll probably be the way I’ll go. No extension for the 180 and fit it for Big Red.

Big Red’s tube is sitting in the corner while the paint reaches maximum hardness. Can see why powder coating is used on most commercial scopes even though it’s not as tough as proper two,pack paint as it hardens right away so no waiting a month while the paint hardens.

John

Edited by johninderby

"Or just remove the pillar extension and use a chair with the 180"

I dont use the pillar extension on my AZ5 mount. It puts the EP well above my seated height. The tripod is on its lowest height also. Works fine just mounting my Bresser 102 directly on AZ5 tripod.

Edited by LukeSkywatcher

12 minutes ago, johninderby said:

One thickly padded height adjustable drummers throne. ?

F1C4A9CA-CBCD-4400-8CBC-D032C6C8A35D.jpeg

Perfect. Drum stools are just about the most comfortable "chair" that ive ever used. You're now good to go.

Edited by LukeSkywatcher

Skywatcher finder mounting shoe and Opticstar finder foot so I can mount a red dot finder on the Skymax 180. Telrad was too bulky and don’t get on with the Rigel QuickFinder at all so a multi reticle finder suits me.

Now if the puck for the new mount will only arrive can fit the ADM saddle.

John

D76E4631-2853-4728-A8BD-8DC9C6009EDC.jpeg

B69799D2-4118-43BD-A1AF-A3645C3DC0C1.jpeg

• Like 2

Not the postman but hand delivered by a Stella member of this forum Knighty2112. 

Top man bringing it to my door. Ready to piggyback on my big frac. 

_20180804_160316.thumb.JPG.61983a905afefa321d7b5e40c25c75ba.JPG

And with the prettier rings on.. Ready for my clamp to arrive. 

_20180804_160342.thumb.JPG.f4b8e70c135dc52be875cc8abe9ef7e8.JPG

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, RiponJas said:

Not the postman but hand delivered by a Stella member of this forum Knighty2112. 

Top man bringing it to my door. Ready to piggyback on my big frac. 

_20180804_160316.thumb.JPG.61983a905afefa321d7b5e40c25c75ba.JPG

And with the prettier rings on.. Ready for my clamp to arrive. 

_20180804_160342.thumb.JPG.f4b8e70c135dc52be875cc8abe9ef7e8.JPG

This week I got a pair of those nice rings (75mm) off eBay for £13 including postage ?

Edited by Stub Mandrel

New buffing pads for my electric polisher

A couple of weeks ago I repainted the obsy floor and it is now a nice shiny grey. So I thought I'd better have a go at the outside of the dome.  An electric polisher makes the job far easier, along with wax designed for GRP boats. I was pleased to get a sufficiently high gloss to get a reflection. I wonder how long it will last....

IMG_0439.JPG

reflection.jpg

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, JeremyS said:

New buffing pads for my electric polisher

A couple of weeks ago I repainted the obsy floor and it is now a nice shiny grey. So I thought I'd better have a go at the outside of the dome.  An electric polisher makes the job far easier, along with wax designed for GRP boats. I was pleased to get a sufficiently high gloss to get a reflection. I wonder how long it will last....

IMG_0439.JPG

reflection.jpg

Phew, thank goodness, I thought you'd got it to polish your Taks ?

• Haha 2