NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

@John I believe there was a W70 line that were just rebadged generic 66 degree models. The WALER line ran up to 17 mm, but only covered 78 degrees at that length.

Edited by Ags

3 minutes ago, Ags said:

@John I believe there was a W70 line that were just rebadged generic 66 degree models. The WALER line ran up to 17 mm, but only covered 78 degrees at that length.

The W70's were basically re-packaged 66 degree ones, agreed:

Antares W70 - Eyepieces - Cloudy Nights

I think the W70 25mm might have been something else but these are not in the same league as the Speers-WALER's.

My SW 24.7mm looked like this:

sw24.JPG.b8a21e5bc4ae4a604a463a7e72e103c7.JPG

• Like 4

I owned the S Waler 5-8mm  variable zoom for a while last year. I bought it as it came up for sale at a good price and I had read good things about it, mainly on the USA forum.

Here's a link to the thread I started on the eyepiece: 

It was a very nice eyepiece, quite quirky and very long when extended!

Dave

• Like 6

Arrived this morning, a new Powermate 2.5x. Will be interesting to see how it compares against my Celestron 2x Barlow on the Moon, Jupiter and Saturn over the coming months. Courtesy of @FLO 

1E89F7DD-5A05-4ACA-A5D5-14D392CF5BDD.jpeg

Edited by rob_r
  • Like 13

On 12/07/2021 at 17:28, LukeSkywatcher said:

My lovely Sericho Pallasite arrived today. It's a nice size and pretty weighty. It looks like a lump of beef that's been smoked low&slow for hours. It's making me hungry.

Thanks FLO.

20210712_172242.jpg

It looks like a lump of beef that's been smoked low&slow for hours” hahaha - no matter how many times I look at this picture I can’t unsee the beef. 

5 minutes ago, souls33k3r said:

Awesome. Have been keeping an eye on these bad boys. What will you be using this with? RASA? 

Takahashi Epsilon 180ed.  It’s 500mm F2.8, probably ideal for these filters. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alan White said:

Post person been to me with a new EP, courtessy of AB&S and Mike Baccanin.

Now have 10, 7 and 5 in the XW range 😃

1637467034_xw5.thumb.jpg.d300abf5ae810700eb220c4a62d72224.jpg

Congratulations Alan..as my much younger-than-me-son  would say.."That's a Bangin' Eyepiece!!👍😂 - and a bargain to boot!

Dave

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, F15Rules said:

Never seen one of these before, but that pic doesn't half remind me of a Baader Morpheus to look at (no bad thing!!😊)..

Dave

It's a APM Ultra Flat Field 24mm eyepiece.   I was thinking about getting a 24mm panoptic but this is half the price and is meant to be quite good.  It also means I have some more money towards my next purchase!   I have a 17.5 Morpheus and they're not bad.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ScouseSpaceCadet said:

Suspiciously similar to the Altair 24mm UFF I bought several weeks back. If it's exactly the same then you have a nice eyepiece. 😀

I believe its the same eyepiece, just a different colour and name on it.