NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

The Sky at Night

Gina

Yes I agree, I also think it has been more interesting lately.  It had really lost its way a few years ago but seems to have found its mojo again.  That said, I have not watched this months edition as yet.  I shall look forward to it on catch up.

Haven't watched it for over 10 years I found Patrick's steady decline in health too depressing. I'm talking through the prejudice of someone who hasn't seen the programme for such a long time but it must be pretty ordinary without Patrick Moore.

Just watched this after work on iPlayer.

I think Sky at Night is truly on a roll again and look forward to each episode.
The Cassini episode was of great interest, what an amazing space craft it has been,
I will have very mixed emotions on Friday when 'she' has gone.

I totally agree. The lady is a fine choice to replace sir Patrick, and a very intelligent, and knowledgeable person.     SGL is not a place for casting aspersions on anyone, anyone doing so may find themselves in serious danger of being removed. Perhaps an apology is in order too.

Just watched this one, thoroughly enjoyed the Cassini run down, and Pete's comments about Saturn struck a chord too. Will definitely be looking out for that once in 30 years storm system now.

Re-visiting some of Cassini's images made the episode special, especially those with the tiny moons making waves in the rings, epic!

The show does seem to have re-found it's feet lately. At first I found Dr Maggie's presenting style to be distracting to the material, but now her infectious enthusiasm has won me over, great to have another unique  character at the core of the programme.

I enjoy TSAN but sometimes wish they would do a bit more for the amateur amateur astronomer (if you know what I mean)- more 'lessons' in the art of stargazing.

The recent programmes that involved the Vatican observatories were good though!

They really don't have a lot of time for lessons on stargazing, which is a shame. 30mins a month is way too short. I like BBC4 content and BBC science programming in general, but I'd like to see something a bit less mainstream than the Horizonesque "but there was a problem" type of documentary. The arts get great coverage on BBC4 - would be nice to extend the science remit a tad.

Archived