Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Tired of Peering Over Racey's Shoulder...

Mrs Racey

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, elliot said:

Welcome Susie! Lovely part of the world. Enjoy the dark and that cool glasswear (the scopes)

@elliot Thanks.It's not bad but I'd rather be where you are...

My Grandmother lived in Strabane near Derry and I've spent many happy times exploring up there. 

And @Racey and I had a cracking road trip with the golf clubs down the West Coast to Cork taking in Lahinch, Doonbeg, Ballybunion, Tralee, Old Head, Fota Island and Cork Golf Courses...

I'd swap in a heartbeat with you to be able to do that regularly ?

2 hours ago, Mrs Racey said:

Dreams can come true... I'm chasing @Racey to finish Gary Fildes book so I can read it. The true story of a Sunderland Bricklayer who became Head Astronomer and Founder of Kielder Observatory.

Bricklayer here still waiting to become an astronomer!...welcome along Susie...

3 hours ago, ollypenrice said:

Welcome. You'll also find many dog lovers on SGL :smile: 

Welcome to SGL, Susie ?

... and Monty says hi to the latest batch of Canine Astronomy Assistants ?

IMG_0032.thumb.JPG.fddfdfe3a8beb6f6f69a6ab2512dc30d.JPG

Hi and welcome to the forum. I always find that a glass of wine comes in handy when trying to counter balance the scope - glad to see you are exploring the same solution! :happy72:

Clear skies and hope you enjoy your stay.

7 hours ago, Mrs Racey said:

Fill it with Gin and even on a cloudy night I can seeStars  ✨ ?

I have discovered that Sloe Gin is a great aid to observing on a cold winters night! Great location you have there and great kit , so I guess we're all coming to you for holidays .... welcome to the forum 

Ruth 

14 hours ago, Racey said:

she's well aware a 14" Flextube costs £97.50 and a Pressure Tuned Lunt £56.30...

Is that what she told you ? !  And I am sure she is enjoying her new Flextube and Lunt very much ;)

Hello Susie  :hello:

On 5/28/2017 at 13:39, Mrs Racey said:

Dreams can come true... I'm chasing @Racey to finish Gary Fildes book so I can read it. The true story of a Sunderland Bricklayer who became Head Astronomer and Founder of Kielder Observatory.

But we must always cherish what we have too... 

That's very true Susie. I've got that very book on my Kindle waiting to be read once I've finished reading "The Stargazing Year: A Backyard Astronomer's Journey Through the Seasons of the Night Sky" by Charles Laird Calia.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived