NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Santa just dropped this off - my new ODK12 ;-)

Actually I had to go get it myself but who's complaining? This is an Orion Optics ODK12 (Optimised Dall-Kirkham), with carbon tube and carbon dewshield (stood upright at the back), not fitted yet is the Integra 85 focuser/rotator. The OTA is fitted with both internal heaters and fans. Some nice clear dark sky would be nice to go with it...

DSC00796_zpsdrgvd8hs.jpg

DSC00792_zpsyv4kyvnb.jpg

ChrisH

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh heck, I was wondering what was causing all the bad weather over the last six weeks, it must have been caused by just thinking about that monster  :p  :p

Looking forwards to first light, but could somebody else, far to the South East preferably, spend some money please, and draw the cloud away from here  :grin:

H

Thanks all! Yes, looking forward to first light - sometime in April at this rate :-(  I've rigged up the standard focuser with the supplied motor (it's a Baader SteelTrak as far as I can work out), I'll be using that plus the Atik490EX to test the thing. There's going to be some work involved fitting the Integra because I need to work out the exact back focus then make an adapter to suit. This pic is with the Baader motor fitted:

DSC00798_zps6whtzoa5.jpg

ChrisH

Fabulous scope Chris. I was looking at the Dall Kirkhams earlier this year, unfortunately the cost of a scope and a mount to handle it was beyond my budget.

I've also found out Santa's got a hernia so no one else will get one this year.  :grin:

Steve

Archived