Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

So you saw the eclipse, send your report and post your picture

DrRobin

Hi All,

Depend on when you read this thread your are either:

Looking forward to seeing the eclipse;

Got some great views and pictures;

Or saw a lot of clouds and very little else.

It doesn't matter, post your reports and pictures and let's see where it was seen. I will try and put reports on a map with suitable 'weather map' style symbols.

Robin

Hopeful of posting a pic myself.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've driven South to Beverley tonight to stay with my dad overnight, and we're heading to Lincoln early in the morning. That looks like the best chance of a gap in the clouds. Just got the 80ED with me, to use handheld as I have been for most of my recent solar images. I'll report back tomorrow night with any news and pics.

After checking umpteen different forecasts and 'arranging' umpteen possible sites I'm still unsure where I'll be viewing/imaging from ...  :p

Was hoping to capture the event from start to finish but will be happy for a view of any sort.

Had originally ( two years back ) toyed with a visit to the Faroe Isles but the general weather there and the convoluted aggro of travelling via Copenhagen ( not to mention the price ) put me off.

Will be interesting to see if I can remember how it all works as the rig's been idle since the new year ...  :cool:

A quick selection of single frames straight out of the camera before i head back to work.

Cloudy at start but visible, hazy through the eclipse and cloudy towards the end;

looking forwards to seeing some good images here ;-)

post-6611-0-95006600-1426847991_thumb.jp

post-6611-0-30885200-1426848007_thumb.jp

post-6611-0-11150800-1426848022_thumb.jp

post-6611-0-73220500-1426848037_thumb.jp

post-6611-0-20749000-1426848057_thumb.jp

Managed to take a snap as the sun peered through the clouds.  Not a great image, it was taken on my phone which I only got the other day and I hadn't got chance to get to grips with the settings.

post-5202-0-51363200-1426849007_thumb.jp

Good conditions from Dumfries.  A little patchy cloud, but for most of the onset it was clear.  Clouded over more after the maximum.

My setup was really for watching, not imaging, but I'll do my best.  I wasn't able to upload my pictures to the gallery, so I'm trying a link from Flickr.

The morning sun was aimed at my garden shed.  Binoculars (one side masked, no filter on the open lens) on a tripod inside the door, aimed at a white screen for the image.  To view, I went inside, closed the door most of the way, and used a bin-liner curtain for the gap, leaving just enough light coming in the top to hit the bins.

16685742869_1729e8ebcf_c.jpg

Just for the record, I took some pictures of my white-paper screen.  This was at 0926, a few minutes before maximum:

16870698212_9b4370ca5e_c.jpg

Mary

My weekend is set to processing couldnt of asked for better skies here in birmingham. Loads of data how good it is we will see. Had a lot of people around the scope at work. Was good to see the effect the eclipse has birds start chirping dull light, couldnt believe how cold it got. Puctures to follow

Archived