SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Partial Solar Eclipse from SW France (about 75%)

davefrance

Great pictures! Those clouds giving it some kind of a dramatic touch, reminding me of those "film noir" movies of the 1940's - 1950's era. You know: Humphrey Bogart, Lauren Bacal, Peter Lorre, Fritz Lang and so on. Very nice, indeed!

@michael.h.f.wilkinson: you had a few glimpses? Lucky you! Here: nothing. N o t h i n g.

As the eclipse was covered live by Flemisch Radio 1, you could see a pattern developing: More or less clear(er) skies from west to east.

At around 10 AM there were reports from viewers in the city of Aalst, reporting reasonably decent views.

At 11:03 AM a friend, living in Ghent, texted me that he had seen the eclipse, but for a few seconds only.

At noon, I broke up my gear.

Frustrating... Ah well... Next time, toch? :laugh:

Nice collection. I had two or three fleeting glimpses through the clouds, no more. No chance to image, alas

nice pics.unfortunately here in donegal our eclipse started in november and is still on its cycle :mad:

a grey murky drizzly day so no chance of seeing anything...maybe in july :grin:

Great pictures! Those clouds giving it some kind of a dramatic touch, reminding me of those "film noir" movies of the 1940's - 1950's era. You know: Humphrey Bogart, Lauren Bacal, Peter Lorre, Fritz Lang and so on. Very nice, indeed!

@michael.h.f.wilkinson: you had a few glimpses? Lucky you! Here: nothing. N o t h i n g.

As the eclipse was covered live by Flemisch Radio 1, you could see a pattern developing: More or less clear(er) skies from west to east.

At around 10 AM there were reports from viewers in the city of Aalst, reporting reasonably decent views.

At 11:03 AM a friend, living in Ghent, texted me that he had seen the eclipse, but for a few seconds only.

At noon, I broke up my gear.

Frustrating... Ah well... Next time, toch? :laugh:

[OT]

Sorry: didn't want to be rude, but forgot to metion some of the true (French) pioneers of the "film noir" genre: Georges Franju and Henry-Georges Clouzot.

Thanks everyone, was the luck of the draw today some were luckier than others. I am disappointed for those that didn't, I know a lot of people went to much trouble and expense to prepare. There is another partial solar eclipse on September 13th but do not know where it will be visible from. 

Archived