Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Best Father's day ever?

mdstuart

Arrived via "moonpig" from my only child/daughter who is in the middle of a 3 month Masters Ecology/Conservation project and is living on a beach in rural Mozambique. I touched my heart and made me realise just how modern communications through the internet etc have changed the world in ways we could not have imagined.

fd.thumb.jpg.1a991260f11cf9ff250ba31b7ef90c8e.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 7

My daughter made me a picture... she's just starting to draw recognisable human beings! :D Also, I bought myself this...

115598313_IMG_20220619_1811384032.thumb.jpg.7eef1b5216a40ffa086ead586eb41d5a.jpg

...and a little LEGO Friends set for her, so she won't be jealous. 😇 I'll probably take the ISS to my lab in school, it will look good on my desk.

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, Pixies said:

COVID!

Don't even feel like the beer I got!

Stick it in the fridge and have a belated Father's day next weekend. Hope you get better soon Pixies :) 

Jim 

4 hours ago, mackiedlm said:

Arrived via "moonpig" from my only child/daughter who is in the middle of a 3 month Masters Ecology/Conservation project and is living on a beach in rural Mozambique. I touched my heart and made me realise just how modern communications through the internet etc have changed the world in ways we could not have imagined.

fd.thumb.jpg.1a991260f11cf9ff250ba31b7ef90c8e.jpg

I could see that from my #2 daughter!

Everyone claims we even walk alike!

• Like 1

The fosterlings made a big effort this year, not that I expect anything. It's a big step to accept as/call a foster carerer "Dad". But then again, the competions wasn't strong... 🥺 So a toblerone, some cookies and a box of "dad" jokes. Not sure what's in the box but I bet they aren't as "dad" as my jokes :)

Anyway, my adult son got me a bottle of Tanquerey no.10 Gin and a big bag of of coffee beans for the Froth and Grind coffee machine. 

The boy seems happy to take a back seat on fathers day.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, TheycallmeRiver said:

This is the inside of the card I got from my middle daughter.  

She’s quite inspired by astro, and I thought her little Saturn above the ‘I’ in her name was pretty cute ☺️ 

06FF7056-BAD7-440F-AD14-6C744F5FF628.jpeg

As I was reading that something flew into me eye, honestly! 😉

• Like 4