Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

nothing; zero; none: zilch: zip: nada !

John

It summons my nightly observing sessions the past month or so! Clouds alternating with rain. I have not seen stars in ages. My telescope is gathering dust at the corner.

• Sad 3

Cloudy here for the last week, and will be for a week at least into the future. Spent time buying astronomy stuff online, crafting dew shields, and trying to resurrect my cheap childhood reflector into something usable. I would prefer to be observing though

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, johninderby said:

Big question is will it clear in time to see Betelgeuse go supernova? 🤔😁

Not sure of Betelgeuse but I do know it will be clear in time for protostars in M42 🥳 .

• Like 1

Sunday 27th June at 3am. A 4" frac, wobbly seeing, Jupiter and Saturn.

Even the binoculars have stayed in the bag since. 🙄

There's slug trails on the accessories bag and the cat's finding it rather comfy too...

When I were a lad summers were long, sunny and hot or is that my memory playing tricks?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, markse68 said:

By the time we get some clear nights Jupiter should be in a nice position :)

...or maybe Mars

Funnily enough, Tuesday of last week I got a peek at Jupiter & Saturn. Non-ideal scope, conditions etc but still worthwhile. Thursday night this week started off looking promising, so I put the 150PL out and stayed up late enough. Right on cue, with perfect positioning and timing the clouds rolled in to obsure them both! Followed not long after by the whole sky. Talk about frustrating 😞

4 minutes ago, ScouseSpaceCadet said:

When I were a lad summers were long, sunny and hot or is that my memory playing tricks?

I think it's generally called "rose-tinted glasses". To be fair, I do very much agree with you though. The seasons had used to be more, er, seasonal in my recollection too.

4 hours ago, wulfrun said:

I think it's generally called "rose-tinted glasses". To be fair, I do very much agree with you though. The seasons had used to be more, er, seasonal in my recollection too.

Deffo climate change. Spring, summer, autumn and winter - clouds and flash flooding. The only variation is the temperature! 

Edited by ScouseSpaceCadet

4 minutes ago, Astroscot2 said:

This is my second week in Devon and I have still to see the stars excluding the Sun that shone today. 

I had a week in the Cambrian Mountains in darkest Wales last week. Lovely weather during the daytime but cloudy nights. I was going to take a scope but didn't in the end and that was the right decision - it would not have got any use :rolleyes2:

Looks like some better weather coming here during the 2nd half of next week though 🤞

• Like 1

I was in Cambridge a couple of weeks back, not much room in the car as my daughter was the reason for going down there, starting a placement at Addenbrooke's. Decided against binoculars, refractor, instead took my bicycle, (on a rack), also a good decision and I got to meet up with Piero and see his beautiful 16" dob build. Yes better weather I believe to come.

• Like 2