Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

nothing; zero; none: zilch: zip: nada !

John

46 minutes ago, SuburbanMak said:

Don’t want to tempt fate but the Met Office 10 day forecast has the Azores High moving up to sit across the UK from this evening so we should be in for a few clear nights over the next fortnight…

Let's hope so!  🤞 With my neighbours lights being on all night I've pretty much given up on the dim fuzzies, but I'm looking forward to some planets and double stars.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, SuburbanMak said:

Don’t want to tempt fate but the Met Office 10 day forecast has the Azores High moving up to sit across the UK from this evening so we should be in for a few clear nights over the next fortnight…

Yes, CO has re-discovered the colour green also.
Though it's still operating its usual "wait, did I say clear tomorrow? No, I meant the day after" mode.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Nik271 said:

Let's hope so!  🤞 With my neighbours lights being on all night I've pretty much given up on the dim fuzzies, but I'm looking forward to some planets and double stars.

I've been getting Messier withdrawal having focussed on the planets last month, (noted that Saturn and Jupiter were looking much better placed now on my way back from a party Saturday night).

Am plotting a tour of Sagittarius and Scorpius with my as-yet-unused  UHC & O-III filters on board.

Edited by SuburbanMak
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Zermelo said:

Yes, CO has re-discovered the colour green also.
Though it's still operating its usual "wait, did I say clear tomorrow? No, I meant the day after" mode.

On the day I have found the Met Office cloud cover forecast to be pretty accurate:  https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/uk-cloud-cover-forecast/#?tab=map&map=Cloud&zoom=9&lon=-1.19&lat=50.99&fcTime=1626177600

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kon said:

I do not want to jinx it, but the skies are looking clear tonight! Maybe a long session after a long time? Dob will be on its way out to cool down soon.

About 90% cloud cover here tonight so I won't bother but quite hopeful as the week goes on so I'm sure I will get some observing in sometime soon.

• Like 1

Now raining in Winchester - stuck my head outside and could just see Altair & caught an ISS pass through the clouds. 
Proves it’s all still up there but not to be tonight I feel… 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1