Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Ian King at FLO

1 hour ago, FLO said:

Thank-you for your kind comments 🙂 

Ian will continue working online from home. That won't change. (Same as Grant, he is also a remote worker). Modern Chat, real-time Video communication and web based applications have made this possible. 

Not sure about Astrofest but we are currently in discussion with the organisers of the International Astronomy Show. Ian will of course be with us at events. 

We will post details of events we are attending here at SGL. 

Thanks for asking, 

Steve 

I do hope you can make it this year

• Like 1

I think this is really good news for all concerned including your respective customers. I have bought much of my imaging gear from Ian in the past and have benefited from his expertise and excellent advice so a 'marriage' such as this with a truly excellent retailer like FLO can only be a good thing. I wish both FLO and Ian King the very best for the future.

• Thanks 1

I'm really excited about this - Ian is a super guy, lots of knowledge and experience and has the same attitude towards looking after customers as us.

I think he is an excellent addition to the team and I think it will enable FLO to help our customers all the way through from beginner, intermediate through to expert and professionals!

I for one will definitely be tapping his knowledge to help my own teetering steps into astrophotography :D

• Like 6

Good combination of dealers going forwards, I have most of my current observatory setup from Ian which is great quality and I have received nothing but great service from Ian and of course lots of good advice over the years. I am sure the new arrangement will work well. Good luck Ian and FLO

• Like 1

One of Ian’s many strengths was that he always had time to talk to his customers (potential or actual) over the telephone.  This is something I will miss, as FLO seem to prefer e-mail.  

Edited by Hallingskies
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Hallingskies said:

One of Ian’s many strengths was that he always had time to talk to his customers (potential or actual) over the telephone.  

We know. That won’t change 🙂

Steve

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

From the Ian King Imaging website: 

Thank you but not goodbye
Ian King, 26 June, 2019

In September 2019 I will be moving employment and joining First Light Optics.

During the 15 years I have been running IanKingImaging, I have been lucky enough to meet and deal with some very wonderful people and made many friends both within the customer base and the trade.

My new role at FLO will enable me to continue providing a very similar service but without the time consuming distraction of having to also run a business behind the scenes, and all that that entails.

In the interim I have available some items at very attractive sale prices.

Sale Items

Please continue to contact info@IanKingImaging.com for any technical or warranty support requests.

A huge thank you to all customers and colleagues past and present that made IanKingImaging more successful than I ever envisaged and I look forward to speaking to you all again in my future role.

On 20/06/2019 at 22:03, FLO said:

... we are currently in discussion with the organisers of the International Astronomy Show. Ian will of course be with us at events. 

On 20/06/2019 at 22:13, John said:

It would be good to see FLO & IK at the IAS :icon_biggrin:

The discussions went well so I can confirm we (with Ian King) will be at the International Astronomy Show 15th – 16th November 🙂 

We will post details in a separate discussion soon. 

Steve 

• Like 7

Yeah he is a top guy is Ian.  He has even talked me out of buying stuff before because he wanted to do the right thing.  He knows Takahashi scopes inside out, back to front and upside down, with their myriad of different adapters!

• 4 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, kirkster501 said:

Drove past you guys the other day past Marsh Barton.  Next time I do so I'll stop for a cup of tea ;) 

Could be dangerous for the wallet Steve and maybe your health at it sounds like a village from  Midsommer  Murders 😂

Dave

• Like 1