SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Ian King at FLO

I kid you not. I got wife's CC out. She agreed to buy me a Tak. Went on to it like on a mission and then saw quite significant price increase. Even before I was giving it a serious thought because of the prices but you know, a Tak?! Once you but that you should be content since there's nothing else out there.

Now I am back to mulling over it. The plan was to get the 60Q + 76 objective so I can optimise and get three scopes out of one buy which should cover all bases - small and portable + white light and small chip camera 60 ; 60Q - just because it looks cool and 76 for a little more light grasp for planets and additional double stars.

It looks like there is a price to pay if you think too much :D

Uh, sorry. Didn't mean to imply in any way that Ian King joining FLO is the reason for price increase. I am aware of Taks becoming more expensive along with other astro equipment as well. The same 80mm APOs that cost 599 just last year are now nowhere to be found or 700+.

• Sad 1

No turning back now. Rings ordered from abroad with 1 day delivery - https://www.astroshop.eu/tube-clamps/astoptics-80mm-cnc-tube-rings-tak-fs-60-pair-/p,57826. and sent price match request for Tak. Looking forward for you approving my request :) and delivery today??? :DNo pressure. Will be using my wife's CC - she's had enough of my complaints.

28 minutes ago, heliumstar said:

sent price match request for Tak. Looking forward for you approving my request :) and delivery today??? :DNo pressure. Will be using my wife's CC - she's had enough of my complaints.

You have mail 🙂 

Steve 

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/06/2019 at 16:34, FLO said:

Ian King is joining FLO 🙂

Today was Ian's first day at FLO 🙂 

On 20/06/2019 at 16:34, FLO said:

At FLO he will continue promoting and supporting high end brands including Takahashi, QSI, Paramount & 10Micron while FLO handles logistics (i.e. order handling, stock control, packing, dispatch and delivery). 

We have also built a new separate website that, like Ian King Imaging, will focus exclusively on astro-imaging.

Ian will oversee the website and, as before, will be contactable via phone or email.

We will make the website live soon (lots of product pages to fill!). 

Regards, 

Annette, Grant, Ian, James, Katie, Lisa, Martin, Rob & Steve. 

• Like 10

51 minutes ago, FLO said:

Today was Ian's first day at FLO 🙂 

We have also built a new separate website that, like Ian King Imaging, will focus exclusively on astro-imaging.

Ian will oversee the website and, as before, will be contactable via phone or email.

We will make the website live soon (lots of product pages to fill!). 

Regards, 

This is a great news item :)

• Thanks 1

On 02/09/2019 at 19:50, FLO said:

A quick snapshot of the FLO team. Who we are and what we do... 

Annette:  My boss (wife) and Company Secretary. Maintains my sanity! 
Grant:  Company Director, IT Wizard and Project Manager. Holds me to task. Indispensable! 
Ian:  Has probably done more to promote and support astrophotography in the UK than anyone else. A Rush fan! 
James:  FLO's first employee. A Scot and a rock. Manages cashflow!
Katie:  Works with Lisa in dispatch. Quiet and capable! 
Lisa:  Warehouse supervisor. Knows where everything is. Calm and steady. This is Lisa's tenth year at FLO. 
Martin:  Oversees FLO's Helpdesk. A people person. Likes conversation and sugar in his tea! 
Rob:  Mr Fixit. Likes to dismantle, improve then reassemble things. Often for fun! 
Steve:  I started the company but generally keep out of everyones way. It is usually me posting at SGL. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

13 hours ago, FLO said:

I can feel my credit card trembling already....!!!

Wishing FLO every success in the next chapter of her story!! 

• 2 weeks later...

I have a specific query which sort of relates to IKI as was, so I hope this is the right place to ask it. 

I note that IKI was listed as a dealer for Optec products on their website, I may be looking for one of these:

https://www.optecinc.com/astronomy/catalog/19230.htm

Assuming this item is still available, would FLO be able to supply one?

@Tomatobro has one of the JTD items ready to go for our dual imaging rig, but I fear it may not be man enough to take an Esprit 150.

On 12/09/2019 at 22:50, tomato said:

I have a specific query which sort of relates to IKI as was, so I hope this is the right place to ask it. 

I note that IKI was listed as a dealer for Optec products on their website, I may be looking for one of these:

https://www.optecinc.com/astronomy/catalog/19230.htm

Assuming this item is still available, would FLO be able to supply one?

Yes. No problem 🙂

If you email us your request we will respond with price & ETA. 

Or you can speak with Ian direct at: 

Emailinfo@ikarusimaging.com
Tel. 01392 791001‬

HTH, 

Steve

• Thanks 1

• 7 months later...
On 26/04/2020 at 11:28, AstroPhil said:

How did I miss this news (well, house move I guess 😉 partly to blame!). This is epic, brilliant. Received my Tak from Ian and lots of advice. This'll be a great team I just know it.....

Ian joined us nearly a year ago. He is well & truly part of the team now. Like he's always been here 😜

Steve

• Like 2