SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Show me your eyepiece/accessories case, please.

Leegsi

• 2 weeks later...

Recent purchase of an 18mm Starguider has taken the last spot in my case, so my options now appear to be:

(a) you have no room left. Stop buying stuff.
(b) you have no room left. The next piece you buy will have to displace whatever you use least.
(c) you have no room left. Buy another case, so that you have somewhere to put that next purchase.

276672544_Eyepiececollection.jpg.e3bc402c3f08c349ce8357861014d12f.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Zermelo said:

Recent purchase of an 18mm Starguider has taken the last spot in my case, so my options now appear to be:

(a) you have no room left. Stop buying stuff.
(b) you have no room left. The next piece you buy will have to displace whatever you use least.
(c) you have no room left. Buy another case, so that you have somewhere to put that next purchase.

Answer: (c) for me at least.  I have 8 eyepiece cases at last count: A-team, B-team, binoviewer setup, Z-team, big oddball eyepieces, camping case, HD-60 case, Paradigm (Starguider) case.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Slight update, with the ES 12mm 92° replacing the Nagler 12T4 

IMG_20201117_151718.thumb.jpg.edb184b11b7d8aea60d5ef8b5a980d24.jpg

It currently holds a Vixen LVW 42 mm, Naglers 31T5, 22T4, and 17T4, Delos 14 mm, ES 12 mm 92°, Pentax XW 10, Delos 8 mm, XW 7 mm, Delos 6 mm, XW 5 mm. To the right we have some filters, an Orion 2" 90° Amici prism, SkyWatcher 2" dielectric diagonal, and finally the Denkmeier 2" Filter-Switch diagonal 

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

Slight update to the 1.25" case. @Chinapig put me onto the Baader Morpheus 17.5mm to replace my Meade UWA 18mm which had some weird coating damage. I also quite like the 25mm Plössl that came with my C5 as a cheap and cheerful, and I'm not doing any imaging at the moment so I took out the Lifecam HD so I swapped that out.

I'm sure I'm done for a bit now. 

20201125_175743.thumb.jpg.55c23ebc1fdd03135ccb8f0231706e69.jpg

• Like 5

My little collection in a custom laser-cut inlay for a 'systainer' case.

The systainer cases are easily stacked, so you can carry them as one. I've got my C5 in another systainer, but still have to do a second version of the laser-cut foam inlay for that one.

For inquiries on how to make/order your own inlay don't hesitate to contact me. I can send you the drawing templates.

DSC_1290.JPG

• Like 11

• 5 weeks later...

Most of my modest selection of eps are 1.25" barrels and quite small.

As I've recently acquired a couple of much larger eps in 2" barrels or have 1.25" barrel but a larger body I've had to overspill them into a 2nd case, with a few additional pieces I couldn't fit into my main case.

Back Row L-R 

Baader Genuine Ortho 7mm, Celestron Halloween plossl 17mm

Selection of 3 Carton Japan HM 0.965" eyepieces which came with my Carton Refractor. Although narrow of field, they are very sharp with high contrast.

Front Row L - R

Nagler T2 12mm 82 deg - an older ep but very good, a real mini hand grenade, quite heavy but comfortable to use.

Morpheus 17.5mm - a truly superb mid -power eyepiece with fabulous 76 degree field.

Skywatcher Aero 30mm ED 68 deg - really nice low power, decent FOV, great finder or star cruising eyepiece.

..and my trusty Skywatcher night light torch👍.

Dave

IMG_20210107_192031122.jpg

Edited by F15Rules
  • Like 5

Here are my two cases - the 1.25 inch set and the 2 inch set. I've edited out the case handles because it's a family forum :wink:

I'm impressed by those who have managed to get down to minimalist collections. I have tried but I'm weak where eyepieces are concerned :undecided:

I have a gap in the top left of the 1.25 inch case as well - that's going to have to be filled with something :icon_scratch:

epscase01Jan21.JPG.d46b01df7a9e928eb32d9b4d66a7930f.JPG

epscase02Jan21.JPG.2ff5af09ce3b307c9609fdb7e8ff9e8e.JPG

• Like 7

My minimalistic 2" set.

As I am moving fast, a paracorr2 was added a few months ago. Flo sent me the 3" version (that's a beast!) by mistake, but then all was sorted. It might be that I will let go the tublug at some point as I collimate with the laser only. Thoughts for the future.

Left to right: Zeiss zoom, APM UFF 30mm, Docter, 2" HG laser 650nm + tublug. The VIP barlow is above the Docter. I use it with 0mm, 15mm, or 40mm spacers. The two boxes include 2" Lumicon OIII and 2" NPB filters

IMG_20210109_122932.thumb.jpg.46261fdf44e959363afbba0690a5d61c.jpg

Edited by Piero
  • Like 8

4 hours ago, Mr Spock said:

Posh name for a handle?

I'll answer that question by quoting directly from a post I made on the Astro Lounge New Years Resolutions thread.  

"this year my list of Astro resolutions is short! -

- enjoy every session possible (and I now have a great little 60mm refractor for those short 20 minute "windows" of opportunity).

- avoid wherever possible the use of the word "handle" in any posts I make, however hard @Jeremy tries to tempt me!

Clear skies to everyone!

Dave"

I keep my resolutions..😇

Dave

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

24 minutes ago, F15Rules said:

I'll answer that question by quoting directly from a post I made on the Astro Lounge New Years Resolutions thread.  

"this year my list of Astro resolutions is short! -

- enjoy every session possible (and I now have a great little 60mm refractor for those short 20 minute "windows" of opportunity).

- avoid wherever possible the use of the word "handle" in any posts I make, however hard @Jeremy tries to tempt me!

Clear skies to everyone!

Dave"

I keep my resolutions..😇

Dave

You need to get a grip on yourself Dave ....... :grin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

12 minutes ago, F15Rules said:

Oh, please don't YOU start, John!!.. 😱🥵😭..

..you're supposed to be the sensible one!! 😂😄

Sorry Dave - getting a bit "stir crazy" here 🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 3