Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Show me your eyepiece/accessories case, please.

Leegsi

I don't actually have a  case. My eyepieces are stored in a shallow cupboard that's part of my bookcase. I have a small aluminium  case which I use in the field to keep them dry and close at hand.

Many of my eyepieces are kept in canisters that were once chewing gum containers. The gum was sold a couple of years ago in ASDA for £1 a go and the little tubs with snap on lids are ideal for the purpose. The flavours had different coloured lids so I use green/light blue for low power,blue for medium power and red for high power eyepieces. Luckily the labels were easy to remove cleanly.Not bad cheap eyepiece canisters with free chewing gum!

Eyepiece Cupboard 03.03.17.JPG

Eyepiece Canister 03.03.17.JPG

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
On 29 April 2017 at 17:02, iPeace said:

Here's one.

tmp_16355-DSC_05671100795507.thumb.JPG.b76703a00ea5b257aadcb6a5774a0d80.JPG

:happy11:

A) 24mm Panoptic or ES

Decent mid range zoom

C) Nagler 3-6mm zoom 

= unbeatable travel EP case.

Is there any better configuration of 3 EPs to cover all bases?

Edited by Highburymark
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, Highburymark said:

A) 24mm Panoptic or ES

Decent mid range zoom

C) Nagler 3-6mm zoom 

For travel, the Baader wins on size and weight - which is also why there's a 24mm Panoptic incoming.

:icon_biggrin:

1 hour ago, Highburymark said:

A) 24mm Panoptic or ES

Decent mid range zoom

C) Nagler 3-6mm zoom 

It's certainly not as compact, plus it's long since discontinued, but I prefer to couple my Speers-Waler 5-8mm zoom with my 8-24mm zoom for travel.  The exit pupils and powers associated with 5-8mm work better for me than 3-6mm, and I really like the 80 degree AFOV.

Perhaps someone should petition TV to make a 4-8mm or 5-10mm version of their Nagler zoom design.  The 2-4mm version was just too much magnification for most users, thus it didn't sell well and was discontinued.

• Like 1

Now the above posts made me think (an achievement in itself). And since eyepiece 'case' is obviously/apparently flexible, I give you this.

I have now found a good use for a snazzy little padded bag Mrs Floater fashioned for me when another bee was in my bonnet. That bee flew away and the wee bag has not been used. But it's perfectly proportioned for these three 'essentials' on a minimalist outing. And the two not in use will be kept nice 'n cosy

(I'm also pleased this pic is of a slightly better quality than those in my last post. Every day is a classroom ...)

SmallPack.JPG

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, Floater said:

Now the above posts made me think (an achievement in itself). And since eyepiece 'case' is obviously/apparently flexible, I give you this.

I have now found a good use for a snazzy little padded bag Mrs Floater fashioned for me when another bee was in my bonnet. That bee flew away and the wee bag has not been used. But it's perfectly proportioned for these three 'essentials' on a minimalist outing. And the two not in use will be kept nice 'n cosy

(I'm also pleased this pic is of a slightly better quality than those in my last post. Every day is a classroom ...)

SmallPack.JPG

Excellent for kilted observing. Most appropriate.

:happy11:

• Like 3

Very nice, Gordon.

I assume from the proportions that the previous bee in the bonnet was a solution to safely carrying a hip flask and a crystal glass up a hill? :smile: 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DRT said:

Very nice, Gordon.

I assume from the proportions that the previous bee in the bonnet was a solution to safely carrying a hip flask and a crystal glass up a hill? :smile: 

Surely THAT bee hasn't flown?

:grin:

• Like 2

Now, now, gents. Stay on topic, please?

This is not about whisky cases, hip flasks or bees, you rascals. Those aforementioned requirements are in the DNA ... ??

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Floater said:

Now, now, gents. Stay on topic, please?

This is not about whisky cases, hip flasks or bees, you rascals. Those aforementioned requirements are in the DNA ... ??

Slangevar to that ? ?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Louis D said:

It's certainly not as compact, plus it's long since discontinued, but I prefer to couple my Speers-Waler 5-8mm zoom with my 8-24mm zoom for travel.  The exit pupils and powers associated with 5-8mm work better for me than 3-6mm, and I really like the 80 degree AFOV.

Perhaps someone should petition TV to make a 4-8mm or 5-10mm version of their Nagler zoom design.  The 2-4mm version was just too much magnification for most users, thus it didn't sell well and was discontinued.

Or maybe Baader could come up with a 2-6mm zoom ......

• Like 1

Ok, I've changed around a few things to make room for a few things since last time I showed the case, changes are the removal of the TelRad, the addition  of a few more eyepieces and another diagonal, a Zeiss Prism.

thumbnail_IMG_20170506_095015.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_20170501_140857.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_20170506_094949.jpg

• Like 2

Hooray! Finally able to reply to this topic with something more than my (excellent value but mediocre performance) Revelation kit.  Just picked up my used 22mm Nagler from the Widescreen Centre, after they kindly sorted out a serious smear on the eye lens. I'd been saving a space for it in my new case, and here they are as a family for the first time:

IMG_0374.thumb.JPG.19791a204f425ab2731c0d56687ea04b.JPG

• Like 8