SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Show me your eyepiece/accessories case, please.

Leegsi

14 hours ago, steve_bham said:

Here is mine, combined scope mount and eyepiece case so I only have to carry this and tripod out with me.

IMG_1493.JPG

PERFECT!! Just doesn't get much more grab and go that that ! :) Only shame is I can't see where you could squeeze a 9x30 in there.

53 minutes ago, spaceboy said:

PERFECT!! Just doesn't get much more grab and go that that ! :) Only shame is I can't see where you could squeeze a 9x30 in there.

There is a large section of foam under the OTA that could be cut out. That's where my vibration pads are stored.

best thing they don't touch the tube so no risk of marking.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Special K said:

My first ever dedicated case on order!  Very excited!!!   Only needed a modest box for my small collection.....pic to follow once I've customized it. 

Looking forward to seeing it, Kevin.  :icon_biggrin:  :headbang2:

• Like 1

Here is an update of mine: 

Replaced ES30_82 with Pan35. Added (old) Lumicon OIII. The VIP is missing in the photo.

eyepiece_case_2in_201709.thumb.jpg.1c0751f9dfd28299a21efe64500e8ca5.jpg

And here is my 1.25" set. The 1.25"-to-0.96" adapter is used as eyepiece cap and for solar observation with the 1.25" Lunt Wedge. Despite the size, the Nikon + ZA Barlow with 55mm spacer weighs around 250g. At the bottom there is a 1.25" DMG NPB. The Lowepro bag stores the eyepieces used on a session.  

eyepiece_case_125in_201709.thumb.jpg.395dc4118d11d91e62bcfe4aac1fc762.jpg

Use cases:

• SW 8" dob: 2" set, VIP with Zeiss zoom, ZAB with Docter, Vixen HR
  • Tak100: 2" set but Lunt 20, 1.25" set but 24 Pan (mainly solar and medium / high power)
  • TV60: 1.25" set
  • Future 12-ish dobson F5-F6: like 8" dob, but Lunt 20 as main low power eps.
Edited by Piero
  • Like 6

Think I recognise that Pan 35 in your kit Piero. The only eyepiece I've ever used that could produce frac-sharp stars in an SCT. Wonderful EP.

I have now sold all my weighty EPs - apart from the Ethos 13 and Leica ASPH which are most definitely staying - and moved to a lighter set up - the result is attached. I'm particularly enjoying the 11, 5 and 3.5mm Naglers. 

Only remaining purchases to be made are 25mm and 32mm pairs for solar binoviewing with the Lunt LS60. Considering Celestron 32mm plossls and Fujiyama 25mm orthos. Need to do a bit more research.

IMG_0804.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Mine's not worthy of this thread :) I have the EPs in their original boxes (except for a Meade 4000 series Plossl which I have in its little bottle inside a padded case) inside a plastic toolbox with gaps filled in using packing foam chips.

Edited by ImmortalBee
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, ImmortalBee said:

Mine's not worthy of this thread :) I have the EPs in their original boxes (except for a Meade 4000 series Plossl which I have in its little bottle inside a padded case) inside a plastic toolbox with gaps filled in using packing foam chips.

I only had a few Meade plossls until 4 years ago. Saw me through a decade of stargazing with a 4" Mak.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ImmortalBee said:

There is no wrong answer here. Post away, we have all been where you are. Some decide to go nuts and spend a small fortune on exotic glass, others stay very close to where you are for very good reasons. 

Those with expensive EPs have as much to learn from those who don't than the other way around ?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DRT said:

There is no wrong answer here. Post away, we have all been where you are. Some decide to go nuts and spend a small fortune on exotic glass, others stay very close to where you are for very good reasons. 

Those with expensive EPs have as much to learn from those who don't than the other way around ?

21 minutes ago, Highburymark said:

I only had a few Meade plossls until 4 years ago. Saw me through a decade of stargazing with a 4" Mak.

Whoops I think I've been misleading. I'm quite happy with my respectable but budget range of eyepieces (I've also got 2 Skywatcher UWA planetary series eyepieces in there too). I'm embarassed by the messy box I keep them in!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ImmortalBee said:

Whoops I think I've been misleading. I'm quite happy with my respectable but budget range of eyepieces (I've also got 2 Skywatcher UWA planetary series eyepieces in there too). I'm embarassed by the messy box I keep them in!

Wilko's do a great cardboard box - shallow enough for EPs.  I got a glossy black one.  Good quality, low cost.  Just fashion some card dividers, and pad it all out with bubble-wrap!

Doug.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cloudsweeper said:

Wilko's do a great cardboard box - shallow enough for EPs.  I got a glossy black one.  Good quality, low cost.  Just fashion some card dividers, and pad it all out with bubble-wrap!

Doug.  

I'll have a look into that. Thanks for the heads up.

19 minutes ago, Special K said:

Case finally arrived.....gosh it's small!!!  Surprisingly it fit the whole motley crew and there's even two spaces left where I can flex some expansion to the collection :) 

IMG_1461.JPG

Neat and tidy job, Kevin. ??

There's no doubt in my mind that 'solid' foam, rather than pick n' pluck, delivers a 'tighter' looking job. But haven't bothered to start all over again ... yet.   ?

Edited by Floater
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, ImmortalBee said:

Nothing wrong with that as long as it protects your kit well.  I have my miscellaneous astro bits and pieces packed in a plastic tool box.  It has worked well for over 15 years.

• Like 1

On 1/16/2010 at 12:23, russ said:

My case now has it's new foam (many thanks for the links, especially Len...local Jessops had it in stock). Now not so ashamed to show the case. :eek:

Very happy with whats in the case. I have a selection of Orthos, filters, Plossls and a barlow not in the case which i'll be clearing out now.

Only thing that would tempt me now would be either a Paragon or UWAN 28 at a stonkingly low price. :)

Russ

post-12650-133877420576_thumb.jpg

Thanks for posting that Russ - you had my curiosity going. BTW, never be embarrassed - your 'ashamed' might be my "Cor, lookit whut Russ gots!" Or it could be - "Crud, I gots whut 'e gots..." and inspire me to do better.

I'm have an Orion base lens kit w/ case and 10 or 12 uncased sent-with-scopes low enders. Of all, our Meade MA25 and MA9 are probably our 'best' eps - so I'm pretty "Cor, lookit whut Russ gots - lucky fella!" I will p/u some all metal except for the glass part eps with those very fine bulge-y bits soon.

Humbly,

Pathetic Lens Guy

Edited by AstroKerr

• 1 month later...
On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 21:41, Highburymark said:

Think I recognise that Pan 35 in your kit Piero. The only eyepiece I've ever used that could produce frac-sharp stars in an SCT. Wonderful EP.

I have now sold all my weighty EPs - apart from the Ethos 13 and Leica ASPH which are most definitely staying - and moved to a lighter set up - the result is attached. I'm particularly enjoying the 11, 5 and 3.5mm Naglers. 

Only remaining purchases to be made are 25mm and 32mm pairs for solar binoviewing with the Lunt LS60. Considering Celestron 32mm plossls and Fujiyama 25mm orthos. Need to do a bit more research.

IMG_0804.JPG

So cool collection ,must be an another Range Rover here :)  

Edited by Nojus