Narrowband

Show me your eyepiece/accessories case, please.

Leegsi

From top left, clockwise:

35mm Extension tube with 2" DGM Optics NPB filter, 5.5mm Meade Series 5000 waterproof UWA, 20mm ES 68, 35mm Ext tube with one half of my 2" variable polarizer, (other half screws to my 2" twist lock adapters, then just turn the EP for the proper brightness), 28mm ES 68, 12.5mm Baader Morpheus, 9mm Baader Morpheus, 2" GSO ED barlow lens. 

Four of the 2" bottom dust caps were home made. :)

EP's March 2017.JPG

Edited by TheLookingGlass
  • Like 3

On 17 March 2017 at 18:40, Highburymark said:

Very nice Avtar - keep hearing great things about SLVs but haven't had the chance to look through one yet. 

I bought these after reading Johns review.

I wanted light weight eyepieces with good eye relief and high quality views and these fulfill all the criteria.

I thought the 50 degree AFOV would not be to my liking having been used to 82 and 72 AFOV with my other eyepieces but the view through these is so good I don't seem to notice that I'm looking through a 50 afov eyepiece.

The 30mm NPL is also a very good eyepiece that goes very well with the SLVs

These are now my most used eyepieces. I'm feeling a bit guilty as the Delos and Nagler don't get any scope time.

Avtar

Edited by avtaram
  • Like 2

On ‎10‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 10:22, TheLookingGlass said:

Ext tube with one half of my 2" variable polarizer, (other half screws to my 2" twist lock adapters, then just turn the EP for the proper brightness),

i was just thinking about selling my 1.25" var polariser, getting a 2" version, and doing the same - I was going to check that there was space in the adapter, but it looks you've already done that :)

nice kit by the way :)

• Like 1

On ‎17‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 21:07, avtaram said:

I thought the 50 degree AFOV would not be to my liking having been used to 82 and 72 AFOV with my other eyepieces but the view through these is so good I don't seem to notice that I'm looking through a 50 afov eyepiece.

The 30mm NLP is also a very good eyepiece that goes very well with the SLVs

These are now my most used eyepieces. I'm feeling a bit guilty as the Delos and Nagler don't get any scope time.

That's exactly my thoughts with the SLV too..  Great set of EP's

• Like 1

Ya know, I don't think I've ever met an eyepiece case or set that I didn't like,

It never seems to confrust my mind, did I spend too much or not enough,,,,,,,

128 pages of "Good Job!"

edit: 129 pages of "Good Job!"

Edited by SloMoe
  • Like 1

Those people who have a tendency towards uniformity and precision and order and completeness, I recommend skipping my image. Here is my collections of all sorts :

MaxVision 28mm, ES 68 degree 20mm, Baader Morpheus 14mm, TV Radian 10mm, BST 8mm, Vixen SLV 6mm, 12mm crosshair reticule and a Baader Hyperion Zoom MkIII. Hyperion x2.25 barlow.

Baader MaxBright binoviewers with a pair of 18mm BSTs. Have a couple of 25mm WO plossls for them too.

20170327_154228.jpg

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, MattJenko said:

Those people who have a tendency towards uniformity and precision and order and completeness, I recommend skipping my image. Here is my collections of all sorts :

MaxVision 28mm, ES 68 degree 20mm, Baader Morpheus 14mm, TV Radian 10mm, BST 8mm, Vixen SLV 6mm, 12mm crosshair reticule and a Baader Hyperion Zoom MkIII. Hyperion x2.25 barlow.

Baader MaxBright binoviewers with a pair of 18mm BSTs. Have a couple of 25mm WO plossls for them too.

20170327_154228.jpg

Did you have to spoil it by using identical eyepieces in the binoviewer?

:happy11:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MattJenko said:

20170327_154228.jpg

Reminds me of one of my cases where I've put pick-n-pluck foam squares back in after reconfiguring my case over the years.  I always keep all my foam bits in a box with my small accessory boxes, like the ones for filters and small eyepieces.  It seemed like hoarding until I needed to redo my case's layout several times.  That foam (the high density version in particular) is expensive to buy separately.

• Like 1

I have just spent the morning cutting foam & reorganizing eyepieces, diagonals etc into two cases ready for the big dob's arrival tomorrow.

Here are a couple of pics of the end results:

case1.thumb.jpg.1a426db6e28806ab66356863f83d33b0.jpg

case2.thumb.jpg.b69d3b78c35b57165969fc3b3963b0e7.jpg

As the saying goes, "Now I am all done with eyepieces!" :)

Alan

Edited by alanjgreen
  • Like 7

38 minutes ago, alanjgreen said:

I have just spent the morning cutting foam & reorganizing eyepieces, diagonals etc into two cases ready for the big dob's arrival tomorrow.

Alan

Looking good!

:happy11:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, alanjgreen said:

Alan

Delos binoviewing - it doesn't get much better than that. Very nice indeed Alan.

• Like 1