Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Show me your eyepiece/accessories case, please.

Leegsi

2 minutes ago, Highburymark said:

Thanks - no Range Rover though. In fact no car at all. Much prefer telescopes and eyepieces to cars.

Oh,now I can imagine what you own in astronomy man,if I put all my hobbies together, can be real Range  Rover  in my garage :)

1 hour ago, TSRobot said:

Cardboard box with foam for now :happy7:

IMG_20171112_111251.thumb.jpg.054c1381c660b75592f1708bd9189423.jpg

TSR! Lovely box!

Now, tho', ahem, might I ask that you upsize that box one more time to allow room for foam between those pretty EPs or wrap each EP in a bit of that thin foamish sheeting so as to better protect the paint/ink/finish? Particularly that Mark III which you will undoubtedly wish to pass on to a kindly, envious sort of fellow at some future point =).

Honestly though - Box is cool, recyclable! Thanks for sharing!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nojus said:

a lot of nice collections saw here ,that's nice ,I like this and here is my ,not all I would like to have ,but for now I'm OK with this ..

20171112_132333.jpg

Any improvements on these are i) going to be small at most and ii) going to come at some cost !

Thats an excellent set of eyepieces by any standards :icon_biggrin:

Well, thanks to Astro Al, I am in the process of finishing my eyepiece collection - seriously I think I am. I have been waiting for a 9mm Televue Delite to come up used for sale and his was the first I have seen since they were released. it should be in my sweaty palms by Monday and I'll take a pic then but it will then have to be confiscated until 25/12/ as it's a Christmas present with a contribution that emptied my astro pot again.

Here is my case just before last Christmas and it has not changed that much other than I returned the 32mm plossls as there was a lump of something inside and bought a pair of 8mm plossls nd the new Delite will sit in the gap where my plastic cheshire sits.

eyepiece case.jpg

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Moonshane said:

Well, thanks to Astro Al, I am in the process of finishing my eyepiece collection - seriously I think I am. I have been waiting for a 9mm Televue Delite to come up used for sale and his was the first I have seen since they were released. it should be in my sweaty palms by Monday and I'll take a pic then but it will then have to be confiscated until 25/12/ as it's a Christmas present with a contribution that emptied my astro pot again.

Here is my case just before last Christmas and it has not changed that much other than I returned the 32mm plossls as there was a lump of something inside and bought a pair of 8mm plossls nd the new Delite will sit in the gap where my plastic cheshire sits.

eyepiece case.jpg

This maybe a wild guess but I take it you are a Televue fan, or should that be addict?

• Like 2

My collection has changed somewhat in the last 9 months, and the bino pairs are still evolving, with the definite exception of the top line. The two Vixens will go, if I can find another good, used, 16mm T5 Nagler, as will the 11mm plossl pair, and probably the Astro Tech 12.5's, although the latter I have had the longest of any of them, and they are extremely good  55 deg units.

The OCS options of 1.4x and 2.5x on my bino, give me lots of different powers, and of course, with the 5" f15, they can all be used at native focus.

The other box contains favourites for cyclops viewing, particularly the 13mm Ethos, and the 42mm Vixen, which in  Andromeda ,(the big refractor), are sublime.

IMG_0109.JPG

IMG_0110.JPG

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Paul73 said:

Nice collection Shane.

Those two shorter Panoptics need some twins, they would work a treat in the binoviewers.........

Paul

I have thought about this a few times but I don't really need a wider field as I use them only on solar system objects. Plus there's a significant weight increase with two 24mm Pans vs two 25mm Plossls.

• Like 1

Yes Alan I still have them, in fact very pleased with them, love the view through them.

There is a lot of room left so I could increase my collection, but concentrating on increasing my collection of Clave Paris eyepieces at the moment.

• Like 1

Doc

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yes Alan I still have them, in fact very pleased with them, love the view through them.

There is a lot of room left so I could increase my collection, but concentrating on increasing my collection of Clave Paris eyepieces at the moment.

Read good things about Clave but I have never seen one, good luck with your hunting.

On 16/11/2017 at 14:41, Doc said:

Here is mine, it consists of the entire Delos range and of course the 31mm T5. 

1qqCBr.jpg

VplGp4.jpg

How have you got on recharging those silica gel packs? I bought a couple to try in my cases but the claim that they can easily be recharged in a microwave was quickly disproved. 

9 hours ago, Ricochet said:

How have you got on recharging those silica gel packs? I bought a couple to try in my cases but the claim that they can easily be recharged in a microwave was quickly disproved. 

I just stick them on the radiator after an observing night. They not that great actually but better then nothing I suppose.

1 hour ago, Highburymark said:

..... though dangerously large for us eyepiece addicts. 

Ain't that the truth ! :rolleyes2:

I have one empty eyepiece case at the moment - it's whispering "fill me, fill me" from the corner of the dining room.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, John said:

Ain't that the truth ! :rolleyes2:

I have one empty eyepiece case at the moment - it's whispering "fill me, fill me" from the corner of the dining room.

Maybe time to try binoviewing for the fourth/fifth/sixth time John? Otherwise how are you going to fill the other EP case? You can't just leave it there empty ?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Highburymark said:

Maybe time to try binoviewing for the fourth/fifth/sixth time John? Otherwise how are you going to fill the other EP case? You can't just leave it there empty ?

You are no help at all to the struggling occularholic Mark :p

• Like 1