Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

1 minute ago, Pixies said:

OK - found one at last.

image.png.c8836e1d0b4b24c8fe94419847ace6ba.png

Nice !

A lot of performance in a compact package.

I used to have all the Nagler T6's a few years back 🙂

• Like 4

Got my solar eclipse glasses in the mail. Looks like we are going to get a very slight view of the annular eclipse from where I am this year but next year I have plans to go to Niagara Falls on the Canada side to get to see the full solar eclipse. Going to bring my travel scope and a herschel wedge with me but also my Lunt sunoculars and needed a few solar glasses for other people to use while we take turns with the scope and sunoculars :)

• Like 4

Nothing arrived today yet Royal Mail tracking says my package arrived today at 12.15p.m,  why do we have to continue with such a bad service from this organisation.  

Although my package is not large or very expensive the item is still nearly £14 , all I can do is complain to the sender as Royal Mail themselves are totally useless.  One reason why I never use them at all.

33 minutes ago, Naughty Neal said:

Nothing arrived today yet Royal Mail tracking says my package arrived today at 12.15p.m,  why do we have to continue with such a bad service from this organisation.  

Although my package is not large or very expensive the item is still nearly £14 , all I can do is complain to the sender as Royal Mail themselves are totally useless.  One reason why I never use them at all.

I had this a couple of times from RM for certain small items. They tended to turn up with the postie (either on foot or by van) Ok the day after usually.

Thankyou for your reply @Knighty 2112 , I can only hope that is the case other wise it is an EP I won't be seeing (excuse the pun).

Only a cheap EP but one of the M4K  26mm later Japan models with the etched chrome barrel.

Relating this to a different thread, I've found that one of the uses of Facebook is that people in our village (and, I'm sure, many others) use it to post pictures of parcels sitting outside front doors.  The parcels were ordered by the posters, but the front doors are not theirs!  The delivery company (and here, it's not RM) has of course sent them the picture as "proof" of successful delivery.  The message attached to the post is usually "does anyone recognize this front door?"

To be fair, RM in my area is usually good.

Got this of eBay since I have an overwhelming tendancy to put things into my pockets when at the scope.

Going to get the missus to modify it so it's got an observing hood built in.  Might need to stitch the pocket bits onto a bigger jacket though as it is a bit toight.

Screenshot_20230516-113641.png

• Like 7

How about a setting cirlce for a 16 inch telescope.  This one came from Astro Goods out of California.  

IMG_20230515_200009_01.jpg

47 minutes ago, inedible_hulk said:

The nice DPD man arrived with this today…

IMG_5700.thumb.jpeg.d89687ad3224ea2c5a8adf64167de498.jpeg

IMG_5705.thumb.jpeg.be89a01165903b066fa96bfade3f5e30.jpeg

IMG_5706.thumb.jpeg.578f168762a5bb11fad3ea65b61bdef4.jpeg

First major acquisition in a long while and to replace my trusty ED80 Pro. I hope it’s half as good as reputed to be 😊.

Half? Twice! 😆

Just finished putting together a observing rig from bits I had laying about unused with a few new bits. 

IMG_20230516_173129547.thumb.jpg.fa035600baa0eeefb26217bf774af9b8.jpg

I got a Skymax 102 from the classifieds. 

I got a new SV191 7.2-21.6mm zoom. 

A TS 2 inch visual back from RVO because the 1.25 inch diagonal looked rubbish and I have a 2 inch dielectric that came with my Esprit that I have used exclusively for imaging so the diagonal has never seen use. 

I got a adapter from FLO to allow me to fit the AZ GTI to the tripod from my AZEQ6 Pro. 

probably going to switch the finder for the Esprit 50mm finder too. 

Hoping for some fun with my 5yo looking at the moon and planets. 

IMG_20230516_173228915.thumb.jpg.9a306e655899168e200a688146b34ed7.jpg

I could have gotten this new for the same money spent:

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/sky-watcher-az-pronto/sky-watcher-skymax-102s-az-pronto.html

But I think this was a better option as the AZ GTI and 2inch tripod is ultra stable, the packaged version of the 102 can't be collimated and finally the two packaged eyepieces are plastic rubbish. 

Adam

Edited by Adam J
  • Like 12

He brought a 15mm Celestron Omni Plossl EP - a continuation of my move back to simple, light eyepieces, giving nice views over narrower fields.  

Complete set now, I feel, as I don't fancy the short eye relief of the higher powered versions.

Doug.

P1100130.JPG

• Like 8

A new EQ5 mount ( spoke to Simon at widescreen at 5:30 last night …. Asked if I could pick one up  and I did at 7 last night … great service ) 

Motor set arrived today ( thanks @bosun21) . 
so an evening of setting up watching the clouds roll in . 

Edit ... yep the gears are not touching in the photos ... All sorted now and working perfectly . :)

image.jpg

Edited by Stu1smartcookie
  • Like 10

3 hours ago, Alan White said:

Postie or Parcel Farce have been with a recent purchase from @Stu

Most pleased with this and part of a side project 

IMG_6201.thumb.jpeg.b9c67234f005c6b8e20e19ae2bcee669.jpeg

I forgot how slim these are, so a pleasant surprise

IMG_6202.thumb.jpeg.c5e89dbbe7782f27e99a9ee9c483ce46.jpeg

I can't wait to see what you turn it into Alan. :happy11:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Alan White said:

Postie or Parcel Farce have been with a recent purchase from @Stu

Most pleased with this and part of a side project 

IMG_6201.thumb.jpeg.b9c67234f005c6b8e20e19ae2bcee669.jpeg

I forgot how slim these are, so a pleasant surprise

IMG_6202.thumb.jpeg.c5e89dbbe7782f27e99a9ee9c483ce46.jpeg

~

My first Berlebach Report came with that style tray, and I was always stressed about attaching/detaching it due to the force required. 

Sold it before I could break thing, fortunately.

I was going to wait a bit longer but a couple of events that's happened recently made me realise that you really don't know what's round the corner.     When I saw it was in stock I decided to go for it.

I'm just hoping that the cradle and dovetail I ordered are in a separate delivery.

20230518_102809.jpg

• Like 18

17 minutes ago, Merak said:

I was going to wait a bit longer but a couple of events that's happened recently made me realise that you really don't know what's round the corner.     When I saw it was in stock I decided to go for it.

I'm just hoping that the cradle and dovetail I ordered are in a separate delivery.

20230518_102809.jpg

Wonderful 👍🏻

• Like 1