Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

Bought a 3 axis phone adaptor from a chap on UKABS.  I think the seller is a member here but I won't tag him because i'm not 100% sure its the same guy.

Anyway, I bought it for my daughter and I to use with our dobs.

She's so funny.  She's only 6 but really keen on the hobby.  Yesterday night she took one look at the sky then threw her hands in the air and said "how are astronomers supposed to astronomer in this", gesturing at the clouds and LP. 😆

image.png.a115991688a62bb50bf77e5736ca8b97.png

• Like 6
  • Haha 7

♫♫ ...happy birthday to me ...happy birthday to me ...even though its only xmas ...and my birthday's next year...♫♫

- you'll have to forgive the silliness. I'm a bit excited. Thanks @FLO for the hustle this week once it had landed with you and to get this to me before the xmas break. 👍🏼

IMG_3421.thumb.jpg.0d8f68bf82ddc7c97a3b7432dfb2b451.jpg

• Like 14
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, josefk said:

♫♫ ...happy birthday to me ...happy birthday to me ...even though its only xmas ...and my birthday's next year...♫♫

- you'll have to forgive the silliness. I'm a bit excited. Thanks @FLO for the hustle this week once it had landed with you and to get this to me before the xmas break. 👍🏼

IMG_3421.thumb.jpg.0d8f68bf82ddc7c97a3b7432dfb2b451.jpg

Congratulations, great to see. But where’s the unboxing thread? 🤔

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, jock1958 said:

Bought mine over 5 years ago and it’s excellent, I’ve swapped the nose piece for a 2” and the helical focuser for a quick lock which I find easier to use. 

A quick lock on the eyepiece side ?? 
Please tell me more 👍

John 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Telescope40 said:

A quick lock on the eyepiece side ?? 
Please tell me more 👍

John 

Hi John

Pics below of my diagonal with click lock and 2” nose piece. Baader are really good at making bits & bobs that swap over really easily, basically screw on and off.
If you need any more info don’t hesitate to ask, cheers Iain.

5395E8E4-646B-4B6C-BA06-A0809E0E35D7.jpeg

1A8192AD-3D82-4867-8437-F5FD4B8AF7C6.jpeg

Edited by jock1958
  • Like 9

6 minutes ago, jock1958 said:

Hi John

Pics below of my diagonal with click lock and 2” nose piece. Baader are really good at making bits & bobs that swap over really easily, basically screw on and off.

Jock. That’s great. Didn’t realise Baader do a 1.25 in clicklock that fits this diagonal. 
He heads for the FLO website 🤣🤣££

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Telescope40 said:

Jock. That’s great. Didn’t realise Baader do a 1.25 in clicklock that fits this diagonal. 
He heads for the FLO website 🤣🤣££

Hi John,

That’s great, I found it makes a big difference swapping eyepieces over in the dark. Apologies I called it a quick lock and it’s a click lock even though there’s no ‘click’ that I can detect, somebody might be along to enlighten us all 🤔

• Like 1

This arrived today thanks to a tip off on another thread. 

Delayed due to the postal strikes. 

Tested - it works - it's a long Handset cable for the HEQ5.   

I can now sit at my laptop and use the cable.  Previous cable was half the length and always meant I had to stand behind the chair and peer over the top.

Contains Snow this time of the year.  🤣

Carole 

HEQ5 ext cable.JPG

• Like 12

21 hours ago, jock1958 said:

Hi John

I have two more of these exact diagonals, one permanently connected to the MaxBright binoviewers, the other for use with just 1.25” eyepieces.

That one is configured exactly how you have it and works brilliantly 👍

• Like 3

Not 100% Astro related purchase… although the 40mm is by all accounts a superb lens for astrophotography scene shooting 😃

I’ve had my Lumix S5 just over a year, and have been getting back into photography a bit (time permitting) since then. The kit lens (20-60mm zoom) has been great, but I wanted to spread out a bit in versatility, aperture, reach and also close distance (macro).

So, after much research and reviews… these two have arrived. Both highly regarded, very sharp and quite versatile:

Sigma 40mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art

Sigma 105 f/2.8 DG DN Macro Art

The 40mm f/1.4 is an absolute monster… 155mm long, 88mm wide and weighs 1.3kg 😬

Comparison shot included alongside an XW30, and also mounted (with lens hood) on my S5 (which itself has a sizeable additional battery grip!)… seems it’s not just astro eyepieces that can be massive 😮

Can't wait to give these a go over the Christmas break... have a safe, relaxing time everyone 😀

2D12CB42-9C78-459B-B510-D1530BC55620.jpeg

87DDC015-C9D0-445E-8D49-F3BCB7035960.jpeg

4B47BD3D-2F6A-4D68-98FA-81299897A4F2.jpeg

Edited by HollyHound
Typo
  • Like 13

4 hours ago, HollyHound said:

I have two more of these exact diagonals, one permanently connected to the MaxBright binoviewers, the other for use with just 1.25” eyepieces.

That one is configured exactly how you have it and works brilliantly 👍

Those Baader diagonals are great bits of kit and really versatile, I use mine on my Tak FS60Q & FC-100DL with and without WO BV’s, also have a 2” mirrored one for my 31 TV Nagler.
At some stage in the future I would love some Maxbright II’s but happy to wait until funds and availability allows!!

Edited by jock1958
  • Like 5