SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

New puppy naming challenge

Peco4321

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 16/10/2017 at 00:29, barkis said:

Errm!   A Russian  Space vehicle carried a dog called Laika into Orbit years ago. I won't 
add anymore to the post. 

The dog died of stress...... ....... 

My last dog was called Terra. A pug. Dumped on me, but we had a good relationship. Before that I had German shepherd Argas. I had an American Pitbull for a day on Sunday, took it to the dog shelter - I called her Ascot as she was runaway dog, shelter named her Gala. 

Short, sharp names, but I had a friend/tutor who named his dogs Intellectual and Idiot. Cats - Machiavelli and Faust. 

Just don't name it Laika. Or Bella. 

Spaniels are lovely loving dogs. And girly. I suggest Alice.

2 hours ago, Peco4321 said:

It's looking like there is household agreement on the name Nellie, so now I just need some link to astronomy.....

Raking around on the 'net I came across the Chabot Space Centre (Oakland, California) where they have a "new" 36" reflector called "Nellie". You can watch her having her mirror cleaned. Puppies and cleaning definitely go together!

http://www.chabotspace.org/nellie.htm

1 hour ago, LukeSkywatcher said:

How long is it between the 1st image and the last image?. That dog seems to be growing up very fast.

I think the image makes Nellie look bigger than she is. Here's one from last week and from today, aged 7 weeks.  

IMG_4913.JPG

IMG_4966.JPG

I remember picking ours at that age! Lyra is a brown/black Cocker - mad as a March hare - but lovely... She is currently (10:22pm) on my bed, waiting for me to get in so she can have her good-night cuddle!!

Who says she has me wrapped around her paw..??? :D

Archived