Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

New puppy naming challenge

Peco4321

Well we've taken the plunge today after a few months of deliberation, we have 2 weeks before we get her, a beautiful cocker spaniel girl, bred from a working background but with show success further back. Met her mum dad and grandmother today, all lovely natured dogs. 

So we just need name suggestions and I thought I'd come to all of you for 'astro' based ideas.  I'll put them forward and report back early November.  One entry per post, variations of the same entry but modified or processed differently will not be allowed  (only joking anything will help as we are struggling)

Over to you!

IMG_4913.JPG

IMG_4920.JPG

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A puppy's name has to be something the pup will respond to, short, 'musical', and something you don't feel a prat standing in a park shouting out loud.  How about something like: Lyra, or Vega, or maybe if you have a birthdate for her pick one of the star names in her zodiacal constellation if there is something suitable in that one.

Just now, barkis said:

Errm!   A Russian  Space vehicle carried a dog called Laika into Orbit years ago. I won't 
add anymore to the post. 

That's exactly what my inspiration was for suggesting that name. If any dog should be remembered, surely...

:grommit::happy11:

Archived