Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Uranus 2016-09-27

assasincz

It has been too long since I contributed anything to the forum, so I thought to share with you my latest try in planetary astrophotography.

Actually it is my first try with SW 300p Goto Flextube dobsonian which I recently acquired. I wanted to try out how the system tracks for webcam astrophotography, which is my second point of interest after visual observing. In short - it tracked quite well - no jerkyness in tracking, very smooth, stable and centred for a long time, and I am also very happy with my old motor focus which helped me out tremendously. The conditions were very poor though, and the resulting picture is heavily post-processed. At least it managed to capture the colour quite nicely.

For caputre, I use a modified Prestigion PWC2 webcam, Baader 2.25x barlow and UV/IR-cut filter. 

You can see the imaging setup in the second picture. 

2016-09-28_uran_02.jpg14456919_1109439602474850_1711271316_o.jpg

Archived