Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Putting your Heart and Soul into it - IC1805 IC1848 - Heart and Soul Nebula - SHO LRGB Blend

Elp

It took a while, started this a year ago and didn't really spend too much time on it during the year as it sweeps low in altitude to be blocked by a roof. It was kind of a blessing as I was in the middle of refining my dual Samyang 135mm rig (well why not?), and the final data acquisitions I managed to use twin lenses (not quite the two 135's as I was testing other lenses as I was curious to their performances), but think I've finalised the rig with a few minor tweaks to address.

But back to the data, after trialling these two targets listed on page 2 here:

... i decided I wanted to capture the two targets together due to their proximity as most people do.

I also wanted to try something different, now this may or may not be to your liking, but I wanted to blend SHO Hubble pallette with LRGB colour and add in a bit of artistic interpretation. We are in it to make pretty pictures now aren't we?

Left the noise in it, the SHO's have been stretched to infinity and beyond, pre processed in Siril, then GIMP/PS, Starnet and all manner of softwares other than anything automatic or scripted. It's another reason why it's blotchy due to Starnet but it is what it is. I like how it's turned out in a warm welcoming tone. I can now set this to bed and continue onto other targets, and get some more sleep.

Hope you enjoy!

IC1848andIC1805-SoulandHeartNebula-Dec20222023-doimg-Copy.thumb.jpg.8d05e59886db2501d612b790366dd4bc.jpg

Edited by Elp
  • Like 19

This is an amazing image and congratulations on seeing it through. A testament to your hard work and steadfastness. I'm not a huge fan of the hubble pallette at times but I love how you've blended it with the lrgb and tweaked it. Very warm as you say and pleasing to the eye. 

I hope your next project turns out as well as this. 

Lee 

Edited by AstroNebulee
  • Thanks 1

Took one or two tries, the initial one had the SHO layer below with the Lex on top, then layer masked to show only the red areas. But that image was too rosy and I wanted more of the Ha yellow to show through so overlaid a other SHO copy on top and layer masked that one too to show the Lex red. Then just the usual colour tweaks.

2 hours ago, ollypenrice said:

It's an attractive palette.

Olly

Of course! We all remember 'Sara's palette,' a dramatic orange-blue spin on HaOIII.

Olly

Edit: You could set up an ELP line for those wanting to try it...

Edited by ollypenrice
  • Like 1

@Elp - stunning images and thank you for sharing. i know next to nothing about astrophotography so i can only imagine the time and effort put capturing it. if i had an ounce of your dedication (and those like you) i'd be a very happy stargazer!! 

• Thanks 1