Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello from Burnley

bob4026

Hi everyone,

New member, and new scope owner here! Been lurking for a while and enjoy the friendly way information is shared round here.

Just bought a new Celestron NexStar 130 SLT from FLO, along with a book or two to help me along, after researching many sites and reviews.

Been interested for a long time, and finally taken the plunge, and can't wait to get started. Will the skies EVER clear? My knowledge is limited to identifying the plough, cassiopiea, orion and polaris, so i'm hoping to increase that dramatically.

Anyway, please be gentle with me as I ask bone question after bone question. I learn quickly and hope to pay it forward soon.

Anyone else in the Burnley/East Lancs area like to help with club/society advice, it'd be more than helpful.

ATB

Bob

Hi, Bob, and a warm welcome to SGL! I am just the other side of Pendle to you - and as you have already found, observing in East lancs can be "challenging"!! ("Taking the plunge" says it all today!!). I haven't been myself, but one resource you may like to check out is the Todmorden Astronomy Centre on the main road between Bacup and Todmorden. You could also check under thre "Social Groups" on SGL's main page - there are a couple of groups in Preston.

Hope that helps.

Martin

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

Just glad I've finally got round to buying my scope! Been searching for a couple of months now and it seemed like I was never going to decide. Kept coming back to the 130slt tho, and must have changed me mind 20 times.

Anyway I'm up and running so we will see how quickly I get the hang of it.

Glad I've found an active forum.

Atb

Bob

Archived