Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Red light rules and motor home

cjdawson

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good point re the iPad. I just use the red mode, turn the screen brightness down and turn the auto off function off.

Also use a cover that can be closed when not consulting the screen without switching the whole thing off (the log in screen looks like a fireworks display the, until recently, dark adapted eye)!

Thanks for taking the time to think of the visual guys. It is really appreciated.

Come and have a look through some scopes while your kit collects photons.

Paul

Hi,

I agree the Apple Logo light can be bright.... but at least like the rest of Apple........ it works!

On the Apple laptop there is an app called Darklight  which can be red or green, it works with all the programs , web etc. brilliant.

So I just need a piece of cardboard to cover the Apple Logo light.

I could use the cardboard box that Windows 10 comes in, hardly likely to fail!   :hello2:

Cheers

Adrian 

Looks good.  My MacBook is going to be limited to daytime/indoor use only.   With any luck, I'll be using it to process images that I have taken on a good night.  Would be great to see about learning how to improve my practically non existent stacking skills :)

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Moonshane said:

why not just cover it with masking tape and thick card?

I agree. It's clearly not serving any purpose so in the interest of keeping lp to a minimum, just cover it.

So what happens to other holiday makers at lucksall. I assume they have normal lights.

For example we have kids who keep a light on at night. House or tent makes little difference. A red light would not do.

Don't worry I'm not going to any star party as its not my cup of tea but just wondering.

2 minutes ago, beamer3.6m said:

So what happens to other holiday makers at lucksall. I assume they have normal lights.

For example we have kids who keep a light on at night. House or tent makes little difference. A red light would not do.

Don't worry I'm not going to any star party as its not my cup of tea but just wondering.

One year, 8 or 9. can't remember which, I had a "normal" camper van in my eyeline with a LED porch light that they left on all night :eek:

Dave

2 hours ago, Davey-T said:

One year, 8 or 9. can't remember which, I had a "normal" camper van in my eyeline with a LED porch light that they left on all night :eek:

Dave

That is a real problem for us if it is not a star camp solely for Astro members. At Galloway last year on the first couple of nights, some of us arrived a day or two early, there was another couple doing just that. Not their fault at all it was our problem. 

Derek

I have found that Lucksall is pretty good at combating this due to the layout of the site. No doubt those closest to the normal people will have a few issues but the vast majority of the pitches are well shielded and the campsite mask-off the fixed lights in the toilet block and roadways. There are a few houses dotted around the hill to the east which are more of an issue but they are far enough away that the light is fairly dim and unobtrusive unless it is directly in your line of sight.

Archived