Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

I have just found out the pod I am going in has 6 amp supply (I am not happy) and a maximum of 1300 watts, now as it is November I am going to be taking a heater which runs 500/1000 watts if I keep that on at just the 500 watts can someone tell me what wattage a EQ5 goto mount pulls please.

I`m just looking at my fan heater now I`ve used this many times camping just on the low setting I know (Cotterless45) has done the same on looking at this it says the wattage is 1800/2000 so I am not going to be able to use this with my mount. Getting that way I might not even go now it will be too cold.

This may help

3A to watts calculation with voltage of 12V DC

For DC power supply, watts are equal to amps times volts.

watts = amps × volts

watts = 3A × 12V = 36W

3A to watts calculation with voltage of 230V AC

For AC power supply, watts are equal to the power factor times amps times volts.

watts = PF × amps × volts

For resistive load without inductors or capacitors, the power factor is equal to 1:

watts = 1 × 3A × 230V = 690W

For inductive load (like induction motor), the power factor can be approximately equal to 0.8:

watts = 0.8 × 3A × 230V = 552W

Brilliant I have just built a battery box not tried it yet so I think I will take that and trickle charge it through the day if need be, I was not going to take it because of the weight but just ordered a trolley so I can pull it around instead of carrying it thank you so much, I was trying to covert myself but the power factor threw me.

2 hours ago, wookie1965 said:

Brilliant I have just built a battery box not tried it yet so I think I will take that and trickle charge it through the day if need be, I was not going to take it because of the weight but just ordered a trolley so I can pull it around instead of carrying it thank you so much, I was trying to covert myself but the power factor threw me.

No problem, have fun :)

On 14-11-2017 at 17:23, wookie1965 said:

I have just found out the pod I am going in has 6 amp supply (I am not happy) and a maximum of 1300 watts, now as it is November I am going to be taking a heater which runs 500/1000 watts if I keep that on at just the 500 watts can someone tell me what wattage a EQ5 goto mount pulls please.

The 6 amps, 1300 Watts you mention is at 220/240 Volts.

Your mount takes 4-5 amps max when fully loaded and slewing at maximum speed at 12 Volts, so that will be 60 Watts max. Nothing to worry about.
You can put your heating to max and still have enough left to power all your astro equipment.

Watts are Volts X Amps. Amps alone without Volts don't tell anything about wattage consumption. 

Your mistake is to just look at the Amps.

Archived