SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Galloway Spring Gathering 2016.

7 hours ago, Uplooker said:

It is only 172 hours (and counting down) until I arrive on site:happy11: I am so looking forward to the sun drenched days, solar observing / imaging and the crisp, clear, frosty nights observing / imaging:happy10:

Not forgetting meeting up with the regular and not so regular faces

You arriving late then Ian lol!

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, I am trying to decide what scopes to take - not that I will be able to utilise any of them for their intended purpose ?

certainly my Dob, so that I / it can gain an inferiority complex next to Damian's.

TAL PST, in the hope that I will actually see the sun.

Then it's between 6" Newt or DSO imaging or 8" SCT for RGB planetary

not taking them all, I always overpack as it is. I am certainly not substituting the scopes for whiskey - I would need a liver AND kidney transplant by the end of the weekend

Bring the lot Ian and  throw the kitchen sink as well...We'll need it with all Mike's cooking.

I will be arriving thursday afternoon till Sunday.Got to get home for Valentines Day.

Looking forward to a long weekend under Galloway's dark skies.

See you all next week.

Kenny

3 hours ago, Uplooker said:

So, I am trying to decide what scopes to take - not that I will be able to utilise any of them for their intended purpose ?

certainly my Dob, so that I / it can gain an inferiority complex next to Damian's.

TAL PST, in the hope that I will actually see the sun.

Then it's between 6" Newt or DSO imaging or 8" SCT for RGB planetary

not taking them all, I always overpack as it is. I am certainly not substituting the scopes for whiskey - I would need a liver AND kidney transplant by the end of the weekend

I'm bringing the 2" refractor 

Damian you could always try for the record of parking your car in it! as demonstrated by Astroscot et al at a Cumbrian Starparty a few years ago.

You could also get a good size work bench in with space to spare,

Looking forward  to catching up with everyone,weather seems to be cooling down,fingers crossed,

Regards

Mike

3 hours ago, Demon Barber said:

Damian you could always try for the record of parking your car in it! as demonstrated by Astroscot et al at a Cumbrian Starparty a few years ago.

You could also get a good size work bench in with space to spare,

Looking forward  to catching up with everyone,weather seems to be cooling down,fingers crossed,

Regards

Mike

I don't think I'll be trying that one Mike and I hope no one else tries it too!

1 hour ago, mapstar said:

Me too but I've yet to pack the car! How much kit!

Ha ha, not just me who packs too much stuff then Damian. What was it you were saying the other night, mmmmm!!!!

Have a save journey. Oh I will be late arriving - thats right, I am only getting there Thurs:happy10:

Sorry for late report everyone no internet connection till now 00:12 :hmh: Arrived at 3:30 Mon,in clearish weather ,then a bit of rain,wind getting up.clear for about an hour.Orion ,was nice and clear,it did not last,currently blowing a hooley light drizzle,the usual ,the site is coping well and is in good condition,i woudl bring wellies and a rowing boat (joking) Local forecast showing good for tommorrow (Tues).

If anyone coming over and has a spare  vixen bar 10" or longer i could do with a lend.

I will post in the morning ,if i can get a connection!

Kev are you coming over?

Damian and Jonathan have a safe journey will have kettle on,

Regards

Mike

One Tent pitched although it is a little on the soggy side so the extra ground sheet came in handy.

Ever attentive Mike was on hand to peg it down with me so all went well.

Plenty of room left over for the refreshments and they are stowed in the tent already.

And thanks for the message Derek.

2 hours ago, Physopto said:

Yer Welcome Yer  S*&

Fancy taking the beast and I am not able to be there!:cussing:

Grrrrrr!

:angry5:

Well winge ooot "o" the way.

Hope you lot have a clear night.

Derek

It's clear at present Derek and I'm just trying to hurry Mike along with tea to get back out. 

Mike is emailed you a pic by the sounds of it? have you not got it?

Archived