Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

2022 Autumn Galloway Star Camp

Physopto

Hi folks,hope you are all  having a good time.

Got all my gear ready to load up in the morning and looking forward to getting on the road about 10ish.

I've got my gaffer's Sprinter van...its huge,so will be taking it easy on journey up.Hope to arrive before dusk.

Goodluck...hope you get some clear skies tonight.🌠

Kenny.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, kenny k said:

Hi folks,hope you are all  having a good time.

Got all my gear ready to load up in the morning and looking forward to getting on the road about 10ish.

I've got my gaffer's Sprinter van...its huge,so will be taking it easy on journey up.Hope to arrive before dusk.

Goodluck...hope you get some clear skies tonight.🌠

Kenny.

Safe trip up Kenny. Be nice to catch up.

Well that's another star camp come and gone, weather wasn't as kind as it has been but still some folk got some stuff done, big thanks to lesley and ralph for again providing us with superb facilities and an excellent pie peas and chip supper, iam sure we all enjoyed and appreciated it, big thanks to our own Derek for arranging the pies etc I would keep u some but might be a tad moldy by the time you get them, hope u and your good lady are felling better soon. And a huge thanks to all the lads and lassies for you generous contributions and enthusiasm in munching through as many pies as possible.

Ps Ian yer slipping only 5! Out of practice iam thinking. 

Thanks again all, stay safe and hope to see you all next autumn.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Hi 

just ordered flowers for Lesley and Ralph, I was going to do a thank you card with the flowers with a couple of pics of us all on pie n pea night, unfortunately I wasn’t given that option so instead added ribbon to the flowers, and a wee card. Info in pics. Should be delivered on 28th.

great to see you all.

Dawn

D8CE8164-9580-4DE3-8BE5-E7A2F5E4AD03.jpeg

4D7EB53F-B2C1-4EA0-939E-0AB5470CC9A6.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I would just like to thank you guys for helping me get my tent up on monday.  It wasnt ideal conditions for pitching a tent lol. pity i missed the pies and peas on friday, ah well hopefully next time.   paul.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

A couple of drone shots from Friday morning.  Looks like I caught Derek just leaving - shame about that,  I hope they are both ok.  As some of you know the bl**dy camera kept misting, so not as good as they should be,  A bit of processing helped.  Probably nothing I can do with the videos.  The camera is now surrounded by bags of silica gel!  I got very little astro, work in progress on the  Deep Sky section of the forum. 

Thanks for the fellowship, shame about the weather, hope Covid didn't get too many, and those affected are ok.

Cheers,

Peter

site 1.jpg

site 2.jpg

Edited by petevasey
Corrected day to Friday - oops!
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Baby Hubble said:

Hi 

just ordered flowers for Lesley and Ralph, I was going to do a thank you card with the flowers with a couple of pics of us all on pie n pea night, unfortunately I wasn’t given that option so instead added ribbon to the flowers, and a wee card. Info in pics. Should be delivered on 28th.

great to see you all.

Dawn

D8CE8164-9580-4DE3-8BE5-E7A2F5E4AD03.jpeg

4D7EB53F-B2C1-4EA0-939E-0AB5470CC9A6.jpeg

nice one Dawn 😁

please forward the group  picture by email to me, ta

• Like 1

10 hours ago, petevasey said:

A couple of drone shots from Friday morning.  Looks like I caught Derek just leaving - shame about that,  I hope they are both ok.  As some of you know the bl**dy camera kept misting, so not as good as they should be,  A bit of processing helped.  Probably nothing I can do with the videos.  The camera is now surrounded by bags of silica gel!  I got very little astro, work in progress on the  Deep Sky section of the forum. 

Thanks for the fellowship, shame about the weather, hope Covid didn't get too many, and those affected are ok.

Cheers,

Peter

site 1.jpg

site 2.jpg

Covid?? Na bad colds pete

• Haha 1

Another great GSP over. Thanks to Leslie and Ralf for excellent campsite and assisting with pie and peas night.

Thanks Derek for organising pies, peas and raffle and Jim for drawing.

Thanks to Jim and Dawn for organising Leslie’s flowers. Let me know by PM what I owe you towards them

Hope everyone is recovering from their maladies.

• Like 4

Last few days were challenging, weather wise. Galloway Star Camp is a unique opportunity to set up equipment and gather photons on a camera or in a telescope eyepiece. I opted for the latter. It's easy😊 Stuart Duff went for the former on his new toy. PC issues and drivers hampered his experience. We did get something from Stuart's kit, but not what hoped for. 
When Stuart gets his issues sorted, I can't wait to see the results, his kit has some cracking possibilities. 
Apart from the above, it was great to meet the Astro bunch, Katie Hughes, Amber Pryszcz , Helena, Wullie, Steve, James Chapman James Murphy and Denise, Calvin Hall Damian, Irish Ian, Jake Lancaster ,  Nick Mac, Ian who busses and walks to the event, Kenny and Roy Cunningham  in no particular order. 
Thanks guys for what Galloway always produces, great skies, great company - and Stuart, it wouldn't have happened for me, but for you.
See you all next time - I guarantee clear skies 

Above text is from Facebook post.

Below is also me adding to the post.

Big thanks to Jim and Dawn for jumping in at the last moment to organise stuff, and to Lesley and Ralph for towing most of the campervans out. 

David aka Wacky Scot 

Edited by wackyscot