Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

2022 Autumn Galloway Star Camp

Physopto

• 3 months later...

Booked and looking forward to it ... Can confirm the awning fills with spiders. I have the same Omega 350 Damien mentioned, good tent but next time I'll be binning off the double airbed and double sleeping bag that turned out to be just 2 season rated ... Got a Go Outdoors shopping basket already filled for autumn with a proper camp bed and down sleeping bag, with some decent thermals so I'm not wearing 15 layers to come out and see what you visual guys are looking at.  I had a proper carpet down under the airbed, but it's just a big volume of air that doesn't warm up off the heater, second night I pulled my foil backed picnic blanket in from the awning and laid it over the airbed, was good enough for the rest of the week, perhaps just laying the carpet on top of the mattress would work too, but yeah airbeds don't warm up at all so insulate yourself from it with a topper of some sort.

Not sure how to fend off the micro spiders yet, but they didn't make it inside the inner, kept it closed after 1st night, short of bringing a cat I'm not sure what you can do, if I think of anything I'll let you know.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 07/03/2022 at 20:32, Physopto said:

Already posted this on the Spring Star Party thread. 🤣

You youngsters always think yers know everything Humph !

No good on the spring one if attendees only read this thread though 🙄. And yes we know everything 🤣

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

HuMmmmmmmmm............... (And yes we know everything 🤣)

Just found Damian's  GoTo reference book.

Electronics for Dummies - UK Edition

Methinks it skipped the section on  SWITCHES !

Just think about 7 months of fun to go 🤣

Edited by Physopto
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Physopto said:

HuMmmmmmmmm............... (And yes we know everything 🤣)

Just found Damian's  GoTo reference book.

Electronics for Dummies - UK Edition

Methinks it skipped the section on  SWITCHES !

Just think about 7 months of fun to go 🤣

Glad you've finally admitted that you needed it and purchased a copy Derek 🤣

• Haha 2

All jokes aside!

We were so lucky in the weather during the Star Camp.

Since the end of the camp the weather has been either windy, wet or both, with very little or no good clear skies at all.

I am still in the area visiting friends and at present it is chucking it down. We have had some quite stormy days and nights in the last week. Last night was clear but windy!

Thank the sky demons for WHISKEY 😂

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ian McCallum said:

That's the thing, being so close to Ireland, was it Irish Whiskey or Scottish Whisky (not Scotch)?🤔🤣

Been sampling both.

Anyway only reason for the (e) was done in the early 1900s to try to distinguish the Irish from Scottish "Water of Life"

😃

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Physopto said:

Just found the ideal tent that would have saved Damian from selling his car and buying a van. Only £1600 after a deduction of £200 at the till.

Way to go COSTCO 😁

22P8W1e_32.jpg

No way I was buying a landy instead though 🤣. Van is for the larger scope upgrade 😉

Only other thing as discussed is car roof rails are possibly only rated at 100kg loading.

Now being honest, I'm not sure me and the tent would fit under that? 🤣

Edited by mapstar
  • Haha 2

On 18/03/2022 at 13:05, mapstar said:

No way I was buying a landy instead though 🤣. Van is for the larger scope upgrade 😉

Only other thing as discussed is car roof rails are possibly only rated at 100kg loading.

Now being honest, I'm not sure me and the tent would fit under that? 🤣

Quite right you fat Twerp 🤣

Edited by Physopto
  • Haha 2

Just about to leave the area for home and the weather is changing.

Wind dropping and sun coming out !!!!!

Some reasonably clear nights but the wind has been very high.

So I am so glad we had several good clear nights at the Spring Star Camp.

So fingers crossed for this Autumn Star Camp.

Regards to All,

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Physopto said:

Just about to leave the area for home and the weather is changing.

Wind dropping and sun coming out !!!!!

Some reasonably clear nights but the wind has been very high.

So I am so glad we had several good clear nights at the Spring Star Camp.

So fingers crossed for this Autumn Star Camp.

Regards to All,

Jeepers O, Derek. I knew you were staying in the area for a bit longer, but were your hosts asking you to go home? Hope you both had a good time and have a safe journey home.

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Uplooker said:

Jeepers O, Derek. I knew you were staying in the area for a bit longer, but were your hosts asking you to go home? Hope you both had a good time and have a safe journey home.

I heard an eviction notice was issued 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Uplooker said:

Ran oot o whisky 😊

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Live_Steam_Mad said:

Hi, I would like to attend this event. Who do I book with? Have all the pitches gone now?

Regards.

Hi. you phone or email the campsite. Contact Lesley Shell at Drumroamin directly. Do not try to book on line as the site will say fully booked as it is reserved for the Star Camp.

The addresses are on the web.  But you may well be too late now as I think the Star Camp may actually be fully booked by now.

I would get in touch asap to find out.

Best of luck.

• Like 2