Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

2022 Autumn Galloway Star Camp

Physopto

20 hours ago, Physopto said:

Hi. you phone or email the campsite. Contact Lesley Shell at Drumroamin directly. Do not try to book on line as the site will say fully booked as it is reserved for the Star Camp.

The addresses are on the web.  But you may well be too late now as I think the Star Camp may actually be fully booked by now.

I would get in touch asap to find out.

Best of luck.

Thanks, I've just paid the reservation fee to Lesley at Drumroamin, she confirmed that there was at least one place left for me, so I am booked in for Monday 21st November 2022 for 5 nights with EHU (I will be in a tent 4.8m long), with a grass pitch hopefully (or at least with enough grass to put my Coleman MacKenzie tent on).  My skies like a lot of us are extremely nauseatingly bright and orange color at night and can barely see any stars (Bortle 8, LM barely 4.3) here in St.Helens, Merseyside!

Hopefully by November for start of Starcamp I will have my Hubble Optics UL16 telescope to bring along with me.

This will be my first time at Galloway.

Best Regards,

A.

Edited by Live_Steam_Mad
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Live_Steam_Mad said:

Thanks, I've just paid the reservation fee to Lesley at Drumroamin, she confirmed that there was at least one place left for me, so I am booked in for Monday 21st November 2022 for 5 nights with EHU (I will be in a tent 4.8m long), with a grass pitch hopefully (or at least with enough grass to put my Coleman MacKenzie tent on).  My skies like a lot of us are extremely nauseatingly bright and orange color at night and can barely see any stars (Bortle 8, LM barely 4.3) here in St.Helens, Merseyside!

Hopefully by November for start of Starcamp I will have my Hubble Optics UL16 telescope to bring along with me.

Best Regards,

A.

Excellent news! You will love the dark skies at Drumroamin, no orange glow to contend with.

Look forward to meeting you👍

• Like 2

On 28/03/2022 at 18:56, Live_Steam_Mad said:

Best Regards,

A.

Glad you got it sorted. Our Star Camp is small but sort after. Places are usually snapped up in short order.

See you there 😀

AND

There's enough grass.........................

Dunroamin Field.jpg

Edited by Physopto
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I like the look of that roof tent, you think it'll go on my car !?  Not sure I'd fancy the trip in my Landy, @ 2 mpgs it'd cost a bit more than the car did (not much mind 🤣) and 50mph top speed I'd have to set off tomorrow !

If that Coleman tent is a standing room one, I suggest reading back (was it this thread or previous star camp ones ?) ... they had some strong winds and some tents suffered, make sure it's rated for high winds or try find some extra lashing kit just in case.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, LandyJon said:

I like the look of that roof tent, you think it'll go on my car !?  Not sure I'd fancy the trip in my Landy, @ 2 mpgs it'd cost a bit more than the car did (not much mind 🤣) and 50mph top speed I'd have to set off tomorrow !

If that Coleman tent is a standing room one, I suggest reading back (was it this thread or previous star camp ones ?) ... they had some strong winds and some tents suffered, make sure it's rated for high winds or try find some extra lashing kit just in case.

Yes the Coleman tent I bought is one of the very tall ones with plenty of room inside to stand up in (I'm 5 feet 7 1/2). I bought it becase I coudn't stand up in my previous Kobuk Valley 4 tent. I stayed with Coleman because I have a very strong preference for their Blackout Bedroom "technology". The new to me tent has poles which are all heavy gauge steel, so unlikely to break. I also have a couple of packs of spare tent pegs, and I have 8 of the new fangled "Delta Ground Anchors" that arrived today, those can withstand up to 72Kg of pull on each one. But you never quite know with winds... anyway here's hoping.

Regards.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 26/06/2022 at 08:08, jamie56 said:

At lesleys just now skies ckear as abell, apart from the wind n rain that is, 😳 

Winge, Winge.........🤣

We're gonna miss you there. Busy at home. Had new roof ( still busy in roof space ) and awaiting tree surgeons to cut down 35/40 footer I planted 20 + years ago. Most expensive tree ever !!!!

• Haha 1

I have been reading through all the posts once again. Nice to see some new faces (so to speak), wishing to attend and booking up for the next Star Camp.

The bad news as I am sure everyone is aware is that Covid is increasing in numbers ESPECIALLY in Scotland.

So I am hoping that as we still have a way to go before this Autumn Star Camp commences, that the infection rates drop dramatically!

I know Jim and Dawn are there at present, (think they got the dates mixed up) 🤣

Looking forwards to seeing everyone there.

( Happy now Jim ? I've posted something at last just for you 🙂

Edited by Physopto
  • Thanks 3

• 5 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I thought a small update may be welcome to all.

We are now only three and a half months to this next camp start held between:

Officially Monday the 21st and Friday the 25th November.

( The Saturday after this i.e. 26th is a weekend also included within the camp dates)

Unfortunately.......

The bad news is,,,,,, 

Electricity price increases have meant that Lesley has had to increase her pitch prices to cover costs!

It will now be

£22 for two people sharing  and    £20 per single person

per pitch per night.

This is regretable but unavoidable sorry guys!

The better news is that am reinstating the "Pie and Peas Night".

At present we are fully booked for the Thursday and Friday nights at 25 pitches.

Saturday night is at present at only 19 pitches, so some room for more, if booked soonest!

(So I can sort out numbers of pies.)

Because of the higher numbers during the week I am thinking of :

having the "Pie and Peas Night" on the FRIDAY Evening and not the usual Saturday.

If things change we can change this back to a Saturday Night.

Please let me know what you all think.

I will attempt to get the pies from  the same supplier as Mike did in Hexham if at all possible!

(I can sort out gravy and peas seperately.)

(Lesley has kindly agreed to store the frozen pies and then heat them up for us.)

If anyone decides it is going to be too costly to attend, please, PLEASE let us know ASAP, NOT just a week or so before the Star Camp.

(Remember ........ if left too late, within the last 30 days, you will still be lible to the full cost and charged for the full booking.)

Well that's all for now, I will keep you all posted as and when and as soon as possible.

Keep well,

Edited by Physopto
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, Physopto said:

The better news is that am reinstating the "Pie and Peas Night".

At present we are fully booked for the Thursday and Friday nights at 25 pitches.

Saturday night is at present at only 19 pitches, so some room for more, if booked soonest!

(So I can sort out numbers of pies.)

Because of the higher numbers during the week I am thinking of :

having the "Pie and Peas Night" on the FRIDAY Evening and not the usual Saturday.

If things change we can change this back to a Saturday Night.

Please let me know what you all think.

All good with me Deker. Put me down for a pie please, I'm sure others will be along soon to order 4 or so?  (2 for the night and 2 for the way home)

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, mapstar said:

All good with me Deker. Put me down for a pie please, I'm sure others will be along soon to order 4 or so?  (2 for the night and 2 for the way home)

So will that be your usual 3 or 4 for the night or more plus some for the long trip home?

I know you and Ian have a competative nature which none of us can equal 🤣

• Haha 1

On 09/11/2021 at 20:30, wookie1965 said:

I'm getting a new tent and new airbeds in the new year so if there room. 

Now can someone give me any ideas for keeping warm I have these thin thermal rolls for under the airbeds and was thinking of putting a wool of fleece blanket on top with our sleeping bags and two heaters going should that be enough, thanks for the help. 

Have you tried using an electric blanket?

The Silent Night single blanket is only 40 watts and they advertise them as being 1p a night to run. (Which I presume is 2p for a double.)

They use a lot less electricity than a fan heater and provide heat exactly where it's needed.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Taraobservatory said:

Hello, 

I tried to search this online and didnt find anyting. Im not using FB so how can I get some info on this? How to look and maybe book? :)

Cheers

Roger

Just Google the campsite and give Leslie a call quoting the Star Party 

• Like 1