Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Get up early, stay up late or not bother?

bish

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Plan to stay up! watching Pirates of the Carribean Worlds End on BBC 3 am going to attempt my first try at prime focus photography? Sorry I'm a novice at this have been practising attaching the camera Canon 550 to my 110 triplet would appreciate any tips do I need to use the focuser on the scope to focus the image or do you extend the whole tube and just shoot that way sorry if these are dumb questions hope everyone who is out tonight gets a great view!

The first band of high cloud has passed through here leaving a reasonable sky. Just an even high haze right now but there is another band of cloud skirting by out to the west. Not sure what , if any progress it will make by eclipse time.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Plan to stay up! watching Pirates of the Carribean Worlds End on BBC 3 am going to attempt my first try at prime focus photography? Sorry I'm a novice at this have been practising attaching the camera Canon 550 to my 110 triplet would appreciate any tips do I need to use the focuser on the scope to focus the image or do you extend the whole tube and just shoot that way sorry if these are dumb questions hope everyone who is out tonight gets a great view!

I have a WO110FLT and haven't used it with DSLR for a while and can't remember if it reached focus without  50mm 2" extension tube, have you got the WO Flattener 1V ? it will reach focus with that, stick the camera on the scope and use live view to see if you can focus the Moon winding the scope focus in and out.

Dave

Some cloud here, but hopefully will see the eclipse. I daren't have  a nap at this time of night as I doubt I will get up again. Decided to drive over to Barr Beacon, about 10 miles away. It means I wont disturb my wife by taking pictures outside the bedroom window, and also there should be some other people there to help keep me awake!

All looking OK in south London at the moment but it's a long wait ahead, and work beckons in the morning. The C8 is set up with a focal reducer and the moon just fits on the sensor of my 600D so if i can stay awake for a few more hours I may get some nice shots.

I'm S E London and it's getting quite cloudy here and damp, just had to put a dew band on the camera lens.

Dave

After cloud, dew is my worry.  Although I probably wont take too many pics as will mainly be visual.

Must be getting tired - I was a bit confused why the posts above were all posted yesterday.  At least that means there is only about an hour before the start (and then another hour before it gets properly interesting). probably should check the cloud now.

Must be getting tired - I was a bit confused why the posts above were all posted yesterday.  At least that means there is only about an hour before the start (and then another hour before it gets properly interesting). probably should check the cloud now.

Check your clock. Its past midnight,so it is tomorrow right now compared to yesterday.lol

Ive been thinking back and i dont think ive ever seen a total lunar eclipse before.

Archived